You can type here any text you want

Limited Slip Rear End

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SGRIM

Owner/Admin TB.com
Staff member
I just started playing with another TR got running better took off down the street tried to build up and guess what one tire burning up like crazy. :mad: Back up to see if would lock in, it will turn both over in reverse easy but to get to lock in is a B**ch. Very tricky, My other 3 cars just spin both tires with no backup. Is this normal I thought all Turbo cars had same rear end????
;)

Yep, G80 is the code for the limited slip rear. Not all turbo cars came with it.

It may not be a posi, or it may be a posi that has worn out. The clutches wear,and it gets to the point where it has very limited locking effect, if any. You can replace all the clutches for less than $100, so it's no big deal, other than the PITA pulling it apart.

Non-limited slip 87' GN

I know what ya mean........when i bought my 87' GN i had no idea that they could come with a non-posi rear.......untill i got it home and went out to play.....and guess what.....one wheel wonder! After checking the option codes and asking around.....i found out it was a true non-posi GN.

Is that also true that all non-posi TR had aluminum brake drums??
i know mine does.

P.S. (New Eaton posi is now in a box in my garage...waiting to be installed):D

iowa87gn I have an 87 GN hardtop that was a non-posi that came with aluminum drums........

CODE G87

is G87 the code for single traction or whatever you want to call it.
G87 is the clostet code to G80 on this car.

G87 is the code for the 8.5" ring gear. With or without the posi, all the turbo Regals came with the 8-1/2" 10 bolt rear, so they should all have that G87. You can look up any option code at GnTType.org.

Back