Liquid IC Questions

gnjim3

1.) For those of you running liquid intercoolers, does anyone add anything to coat the internals to prevent calcification/corrosion from hard water?
(my internals are copper though and I thought maybe RMI??)
Anthing to add to increase the heat tranfer of water??
2.) My bilge pump (Academy Marine buildge pump)located in my resevior in the trunk, seems to give off much heat, thus heating the water. What other pumps are available that give off lower heat?
Thanks Jim

:confused:

Shurflow pumps works great. That is what ATR used when they were making/selling theirs. My has been using the same pump since 1989.

Gary

Hey sorry to hijack your thread....but i have just installed a ATR LC intercooler and i am at the point of putting my grill back on. Anyone have a close up pic of what/how much they had to trim off the grill to clear the heat exchanger??

Thanks!

Originally posted by Fast231
Hey sorry to hijack your thread....but i have just installed a ATR LC intercooler and i am at the point of putting my grill back on. Anyone have a close up pic of what/how much they had to trim off the grill to clear the heat exchanger??

Thanks!

None, whatsoever.

Gary

RMI would be a fantastic choice IMHO. Definitely keeps things clean, gives you corrosion protection and the surficant heat-transfer advantages of water wetter.

Use distilled water, right?

Also - not sure if you run a heat exchanger too, but Hayden told me they did not recommend running anti-freeze through their units. So I guess no racing in the winter!