You can type here any text you want

loc-wire or not?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

cogdrive

I'm switching from S2 iron to S2 aluminum heads and at this point have the option to run loc-wires. Just looking for input, do loc-wires work for you, and if they do what groove depth do you use?

Kenny Duttweiler does not use them anymore.
He is using copper gaskets on his race stuff.
I would make sure your tune up is right on before
using a copper or orginged gasket. Also I don't
know if I would use them on a street car.

I prefer copper gaskets and O-rings in the block and/or head. If you use a good sealer like GE 1200 on the gasket, you won't have any problems.

You didnt happen to crack one of those S2 irons by any chance did you? I need a stage 2 iron to use as a jig :)

Sorry JayC, but I have run the S2 irons for 14 years without any cracks:eek: As long as you don't port the hell out of them they work well (at least in a na. or supercharged car). I have never used them on a turbo car so...:confused:

Why the switch from Iron? Also do you run these heads on the street?:confused:

njturbo, I've put about 20,000 street miles on the iron heads:cool: I'd like to shed some weight and the aluminum will let me run about 3lbs. more boost w/pump gas:rolleyes: Aluminum heads have worked that good on my (I know I shouldn't swear) 5.0 Mustang.

Cancel the order i have a set i will sell you $600.00 takes them. I have decided to change combo.:D It seems that S2 Heads will just flow to much and i will have issues with ac and p/s and all the acc for street.

I have a set of "VIRGIN" S2 aluminum heads from geno, but have not had a chance to xyglo them yet.:confused: Even if they check out ok, I'm always looking for more S2 heads that have not been molested too much;) What do you have? Any pics?

I was more looking for one that was busted. All I need it for is a jig as I have a set of headers with flanges as crooked as grandma's teeth that I wanted to crank down on a head and see if I could pull straighter before I have them surfaced.

I only know a couple of people who have run the irons in a turbo situation and both of them ended up cracking them.

Back