Loc-Wire vs. Stock HD help please.

G

GTEATER

Loc-Wire vs. Stock HG help please.

This is a follow up post to the first which I posted my probs getting the 1007 gaskets not sealing.

Engine out and I'm thinking of surfacing the head to remove the receiver grooves. This will raise my compression about .2, but my main concer is how much cyl pressure will the stock gaskets take?

The pt68 is gonna be run @ about 25#...will the gaskets take it or do you reccomend trying the 1007s again?

I think if you have everything examined closely you will find your problem with the 1007's. They are the preferred gasket of Conley's and many others pushing things. They are awesome when everything is correct. I have seen 20º a few times on wheel spin and it never let go. Also seen a motor that melted down #6 piston and the 1007's looked untouched.

I there anyone who I can send the heads to that can cut the orings perfectly?

PT&E...Dan Strezo has lots of experience with these and the right equipment to get them done. Champion also does a bunch; they did a set for me. I did have one leak water; this could very possibly have been my fault. I reinstalled it with a light coat of RTV around the water ports and it sealed fine after that.

My problem is compression blow by into the water ...so far I have had no water leaks

Conley's has done 2 of my motors with the 1007 gaskets. My 3.8 was done and now the 4.1. I have not had a problem with either.

Like someone posted the trick to these are that they must be centered and the same depth or they won't seal.

As for me I like the 1007, but I also like Buicks and others tell me I'm crazy hehehehe.

Take Care

stock style gaskets

Hey Warp6 daddy,
Only thing I do not like about buick HG are they don't don't live long, under high boost (30+#), with detentation. However one MAJOR advantage is you can replace them yourself following basic instructions. Being readily available from GM makes it that much more convenient. Only thing I do different is use the TTY stock bolts instead of ARP. Also I will tighten the head down, run the motor for 10 minutes, let it sit overnight, and then check torque the next morning. Everyone has a different opinion on what HG works best so no flames at me please...

Mike Banas
87GN

i'm running stock GM gaskets with arp studs!...the motor has been together for 30,000 miles since built... and has probly 200+ 1/8 mile passes ..my t63e will be set at 32+ psi this year...i'm not expecting ANY leaking head gaskets! 6.70's are a track visit away for me!....good luck:D joe

Originally posted by Joe Tiano
i'm running stock GM gaskets with arp studs!...the motor has been together for 30,000 miles since built... and has probly 200+ 1/8 mile passes ..my t63e will be set at 32+ psi this year...i'm not expecting ANY leaking head gaskets! 6.70's are a track visit away for me!....good luck:D joe
You still got another 1/8th to go. That is where it gets serious, not the first half:eek: !

Probably not....:)

altho 32# is only one pop away from problems..with just about anything in there.