Local Classic Car Event

toddmingnworld

Undead1
Tonight was a great night in the big "D" (Detroit) There was a little classic car event up on woodward ave that I did not know was even going on.....I'm cruising and see all these decked out cars....Too many mustangs to list (Of every year...From the 67 Shelby to the 5.slows to the Newer Cobra's....Camaro's of all types & all kinds of old old classic haulers....Even saw two Vipers....One with a plate that said "GTSSS".....This guy I actually caught at a light with plenty of open road in front of us....I looked at him and he gave me the "you're ride is inferior to mine" kinda look....I thought Alrighty then....

At the light we didn't take off hard or anything and neither did I...I hit the throttle deep enough for the Turbo to whistle and enough to go by him....He wasn't having any and just stayed at a steady cruise speed...I can't blame the guy...If I owned a 70K car I wouldn't run it or race it either;) But interesting enough going the other direction on woodward this guy was given other cars deep rev's....I dunno?

I found a comfortable spot for the GN in the parking lot amongst my fellow classic car ethuasiasts'....My GNX wanabee got many looks and oh's & ah's from the crowd....It's truly unbelievable how much respect these cars get from the competition & the enemy...Chatted with a couple of fellow GN owner's & a guy with a madly decked Monte SS w/New engine and all kinds of toys saying he's making 400+ Horses at the wheels but when I showed him my car and expl'd my mod's he said yeah I race you but only on one condition (You drive in Reverse-:eek: ) Overall it was fun.....Lot's of cool cars...Just can't get over how popular & how much attention our cars get.....

Todd

Being a reformed "show car guy" I know for a fact that very few "show cars" are really fast (contrary to what the owners may think). Most cars never have and never will see a track. Some have lots of "parts", but in reality, "parts" doesn't equal "fast".

When you show them a mid 11 second time slip (sometimes even a mid 12) from a stock appearing regal, their mind becomes blown.

UNGN,

I couldn't agree with you more....I thought I had some chrome on my engine....Man, mine couldn't even compare to what some of these other guys had..You start to wonder how often they drive these cars..Maybe all they are are just show cars...These guys engines were just shining with loads of chrome parts.....Big azz wheels, huge hoods.....and loud and I mean loud exhausts'.....When they see our cars though they do show that nod of respect which is cool......I started to wonder to myself could some of these cars have just come off of a trailer somewhere??

Your right parts do NOT = Fast!!

Todd

Just like a lot of those "pro-street" cars. Full tube frame, wheel tubs, HUGE Mickey Thompsons and wheelie bars, gutted interior with a full roll cage, tunnel ram with two Dominators on a small
block. Looks like a full on drag car but a lot of them can't get
out of the 13s.

HAHA thats funny as hell @Victa....I'm saying their were sooo sooo many supped up rides there.....The freakin cars sounded like damn chariots or something....lol...I was kinda scared for my GN but then when I drive down the street in it; I guess then everybody knows who's boss cause they just kinda get out the way....:D

Todd

American Rice

Victa,

I'm still laughin' almost 24 hours later...

"American Rice"...that's awesomely right on target!!

And I see it all the time!!

:) :D :)