Lock up converter 7-800 hp

street-t

Anyone using a triple disk lock up converter at 7-800 HP? What speed or RPM are you locking it in and what rpm does it drop to?

Anyone using a triple disk lock up converter at 7-800 HP? What speed or RPM are you locking it in and what rpm does it drop to?
"Anyone using a triple disk lock up converter at 7-800 HP?" Have you found something you can lock up?

I make Triple disc converter for 200R4. I don't have any good feedback from anyone on locking them up though. I think a lot of people get all excited about the idea of doing that and then never get into the execution of it.

guessing that the 200,being somewhat anemic , would be the cause. Locking it under a certain load would twist things,i wold think? ,,,however if you make them you're insight here would be invaluable and i for onw would like to hear about. I come from the 10.5,TopSportman wars ,as a crewmen on a turbo car. The charge pressure and lockuo tech is where it happens now. I have a 269" Weber street motor coming together that i will run at about 700WHP .. i go back and fourth about the lockup. I give a lot of thought about a decent th400 with Coan's lockup parts....but the converters a still crazy $

My wheel house is going to be Powerglide and T400 up to about 2400HP. We don't do the lock up systems even though we delivered the first Lock up Powerglide to the market in the late 90's. We sold a few but guys were dominating NHRA with them and they quickly banned it. I still have some of the old cutaways hanging around here. The type of lock up stuff that I am involved with mostly these days is 4L80 with Turbo LS cars and now 6L80 which is a huge headache. The 4L80 is pretty simple with the lock up but from the factory the 6L80 has a very active and dynamic l/u that is applied all through the RPM range and every gear starting from take off. It's plagued with shutter type problems and I had to stop selling it because the 20 year old kids that stick them in and and don't realize how crucial the tuning is and then they are acting crazy right out of the box.

My wheel house is going to be Powerglide and T400 up to about 2400HP. We don't do the lock up systems even though we delivered the first Lock up Powerglide to the market in the late 90's. We sold a few but guys were dominating NHRA with them and they quickly banned it. I still have some of the old cutaways hanging around here. The type of lock up stuff that I am involved with mostly these days is 4L80 with Turbo LS cars and now 6L80 which is a huge headache. The 4L80 is pretty simple with the lock up but from the factory the 6L80 has a very active and dynamic l/u that is applied all through the RPM range and every gear starting from take off. It's plagued with shutter type problems and I had to stop selling it because the 20 year old kids that stick them in and and don't realize how crucial the tuning is and then they are acting crazy right out of the box.
Not sure if exactly the same trans but I had a 6L80E in my Pontiac G8 GT and while the engine tune was spot on, the trans tune always seemed to have a mind of it's own no matter how much tuning my guy did. Constantly self learning too I think. Oh, and I had to shut off the annoying AFM cylinder deactivation crap via the ECM.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Check with Red Armstrong. I thought he went 8.90s years ago with a lock up Vigilante.

Not sure if exactly the same trans but I had a 6L80E in my Pontiac G8 GT and while the engine tune was spot on, the trans tune always seemed to have a mind of it's own no matter how much tuning my guy did. Constantly self learning too I think. Oh, and I had to shut off the annoying AFM cylinder deactivation crap via the ECM.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yes, that’s the one. I’ve been having bad luck with those after all the years of no problems