Locking lugs no key need help!

SwinGenX

I purchased my TR several months ago and just now discovered that I have locking lugs on the American Racing rims. Even worse, no key! :eek: Any suggestions or recommendations appreciated.

Thanks!

A good set of vise grips. I saw a removal tool on the Snap On truck. Kinda like a tool for damaged or stripped nut.

You might also try a tire shop, like Discount Tire. They may have one of the adaptors for the lock, that you could borrow. I'm sure they have ran into that problem before.

take a socket that is just slightly smaller then the lock, hammer it over the lock, then zip it off with the impact gun.

the snap on tool is nice and it works but expensive, it is basically a sleeve that you hammer over the lock and zip off with the impace gun

The air chisel method does work nicely but does leave the chance you will slip and gouge your wheels.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys! I have not yet had a chance to try any of them. I have been waiting for my replacement parts before I get into it. Thanks again! I will let you know how things go. :eek:

I would say that any tire shop will have a tool that will properly fit your locking lugs. I work right next to a Dunn Tire in Erie, Pa and they seem to have most of them lying around somewhere. Maybe you could just ask them to zip off the locking lugs and have some regulars at hand to put on when they remove those ones?

I saw that Sears has a lock removal tool for $29. I just stumbled across it online, but have not seen it in person. Good luck !!!!

Sure fire removal - but this is the last option

Weld a regular lug nut onto the lock nut. No slippage! :cool: