You can type here any text you want

Lockwire heads

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

rtseast71

What's y'all guy opinion on using lockwire . I've recently purchase a set heads that have lockwire groves cut into them . Should I use them or machine them out.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

What's your goals and do you think you will need them w/future goals? If you machine them off, will you mismatch your intake?

Oring heads work extremely well when used correctly with the proper material wire for us 2.0 mitsubishi guys...only necessary on extreme pressure applications.....our mitsu/mustang runs 46 psi on ethanol with an oring cylinder head effectively. But those engines also have more head studs per hole than the buicks.... -__-

Are they cut for Felpro 1007's? I had a set of heads cut for those HGs, and they worked well. They sealed great. The only issue is that the HG is usually a "fuse" in case of operator error, overboosting, or detonation. If the HG is sealed solid, the next thing to give will be the pistons or the rods. Some guys prefer a better sealing HG than stock, but some guys think the 1007 locwire HG doesn't give enough margin for error.

Yea the heads have been cut for the 1007 gaskets. And they been ported and polished . Just rebuilt the Shortblock added a 206 DLS roller setup . I have 83# injectors and modded ecm hope to be able to run high 10son the fence about running e85

The turbo is a Garrett 35 that had been rebuilt and had bigger wheels put in it

Your Buick should not compared to an import as you only have 4 head bolts per cylinder, and NO head gasket, including the 1007, is immune to giving up.

I have replaced over 1000 head gaskets on production Buick V-6's and many on Stage blocks as well, and O-ring or lockwire types have not proved to be any better.

If you have the 1007 gaskets use them, but many times I have successfully used regular head gaskets in their place.

Thank you Nick that's what I wanted to know I had already bought the reg gaskets didn't want to buy the 1007 if didn't have too

Back