lojack reliability

I agree, we have to protect our cars! We should all have multiple theft deterrents (and multiple calibers!). I did not intend to make Lojack sound unreliable with my post, I simply wanted to pass on the one bit of info I had. We all know that the news sometimes gets things wrong, but this was a large theft ring with multiple vehicles on the property and apparently some sort of metal storage building.
I think there is another system also that will let you track your own vehicle too. The Viper maybe? I don't recall, it's been a while since I looked into it...

FYI I work at a car dealership and Have a good friend who worked for the state police vehicle theft/gang unit and is now a private security man, he tells me a good theif has a signal sensor/jammer and gps/lojack don't mean sheit they can locate the transmitter point and destroy it in about 30 sec or copy the signal to a offsite location and be gone anyway, thats the way the high dallor theives opperate. sometimes they will brake into your car figure out what it has, close it up so you don't know and come back for it after they get a better game plan or have it towed.
Only way is to slow them down with things like denver boot, hightemp, aircraft cable and gaurged carbon lock (hard to cut without torch, keep it in your view and out of the view of others, if you park at home use a motion sensor with interior of house alarm when it goes off.or park it in garage and cover your garage windows so people cannot see in. if you must leave it outside under a cover remove the battery and ecm or ecm prom, unhook several items fuel pump, relays and such take them with you ! Don't brag on your car to people you don't know just act like is a old pos and it has alot of problems, if people ask questions like what it run or what do you have done, (just exhaust, or not bad for 230,000 on stock engine)
me and the guy across the street always look out for each other as he has a cobra, Now I'm no John Wayne but I will shoot you ! I will try to aim for your legs but I ain't making promisses. If I'm not home your not taking my car without , a tow truck ,torches, a fukcload of guts and I can watch you do it, Internet simulcast day/night security camera, expensive but worth it heck I even found out it was deer that kept knocking over my trash cans not racoons