You can type here any text you want

Long Dormant TR Being Brought Back To Life But...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

RKUBICA

Not driven much but started every few months for last 10 yrs; stalls until fully warmed up,rough idle no power at all code 34 new MAF,42 psi fuel at idle-am a newbie at working on car but know basics...scnmster readings to follow

how old is the gas?
temp sender good?
fuel pressure?
2 months , O2 750-850 cc247 L8 51-55 int 110-126 BL 90 IAC 59-66 TPS .48 975 rpm O deg red but falls flat on face on accl; RED 93 chip will post rest of mods on profile

Will stall until operating temp,running rough drove 1/2 mile from home & got maybe 1-2 pounds of boost then engine lost all power;made it home and kept stalling as I drove in drvwy. Let sit for 10 min and started back up running like crap -WILL be getting TT chip in next few,any ideas where to start snooping??

How is the fuel filter? Could be pretty sad after all that time. Will show pressure at idle, but may not deliver enough flow when called upon.

How is the fuel filter? Could be pretty sad after all that time. Will show pressure at idle, but may not deliver enough flow when called upon.
Was going to change that too-realized it's only got maybe 10 hrs of run time but 3 yrs old-Thanks

I wonder if there could be a problem in the tank. I've seen older cars where the connection between the fuel pump and the sender piping was deteriorated and bypassing fuel flow to the tank. If it is just enough leakage, you MIGHT see fuel pressure at idle, but not enough to make horsepower. It's a long-shot though.

It would sure be good if you could test fuel pressure while driving it!

I wonder if there could be a problem in the tank. I've seen older cars where the connection between the fuel pump and the sender piping was deteriorated and bypassing fuel flow to the tank. If it is just enough leakage, you MIGHT see fuel pressure at idle, but not enough to make horsepower. It's a long-shot though.

It would sure be good if you could test fuel pressure while driving it!
Plan on taking around the blk over wkd -have to extend fuel gauge line , to check fuel psi while driving

check the hose from the maf to the turbo. If that hose has any holes/rips in it, the car will run like ass. Change plugs, gas and check all your vacumm lines from the intake and map sensor are all hooked up and no lines are open.

Back