You can type here any text you want

Longer wheel studs ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1984 t-type

Murphy's Law
Planning on using a set of 16x8 GTA wheels (fronts and rears) and will be using 7/16" spacers on the front of the car and possibly 5/16" spacers on the rear end. My question is what length wheel studs would I need or if I even need them ? Thanks

You will need them to be safe and very easy to do.Go to Napa and get part # 641-1581 and those will be about 1/2 inch longer than stock.Think of the damage you could do if a wheel came off !!:mad:

If you don't have a NAPA nearby you can use Dorman 610-323. Same size everything. They are 54mm in length.

Do standard lug nuts work well with the gta wheels or is there another kind to look for ? I saw some black ones online that I think I want to get what's the thread pitch I need ? Thanks again

Do standard lug nuts work well with the gta wheels or is there another kind to look for ? I saw some black ones online that I think I want to get what's the thread pitch I need ? Thanks again

Yes you can reuse the stock style nut. The thread is M12 x 1.5

Depending on how much wheel stud you have sticking out you might have to go to an open nut. Not sure what style you were going for. Nothing a cut off wheel on an angle grinder can't fix.

Good info guys... I want to install longer studs on my fronts to be safe too

Mine from NAPA say Balkamp on the box.:confused:

I think Balkamp is Napa.

Balkamp has been a leading distributor of automotive aftermarket products in the NAPA Auto Parts system since 1936. Balkamp adds value to the automotive parts supply chain through product line management, importing, packaging, warehousing, catalog services, and marketing services.

http://www.balkamp.com/

Dorman makes them and puts them in a Balkamp/NAPA box- most of the time, the Dorman logo is on the package somewhere, too.

Search the dorman part number on ebay. i just bought ten for $1.05 shipped each.

Search the dorman part number on ebay. i just bought ten for $1.05 shipped each.

That's a good price. Be careful though if buying the box of 10. I bought a box of 10 wheel studs for $10 shipped on ebay. After I paid, I sent the seller a message confirming the box of 10. He canceled the sale and refunded my money the following day stating it was only for 1 wheel stud.

Here is the company.

Attachments

• 1397432540474.jpg
    1397432540474.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 126
That's a good price. Be careful though if buying the box of 10. I bought a box of 10 wheel studs for $10 shipped on ebay. After I paid, I sent the seller a message confirming the box of 10. He canceled the sale and refunded my money the following day stating it was only for 1 wheel stud.

No need to worry for me. They are already installed. But thanks!;)

No need to worry for me. They are already installed. But thanks!;)

It was more towards the guys who commented prior that they were looking for longer wheel studs.

I quoted your post because I was piggy backing what you had recommended as I too bought my wheel studs on Ebay for a good price, well after I was almost scammed for 10 bucks a stud. Lol.

Back