Lonnie Diers

REEDOG

poopy pants
I just wanted to let everyone know about the great experience I had with a trans I bought from Lonnie recently. I originally called Lonnie to inquire about a used trans for sale on this board that he built. After talking with him I decided I would be better off to have him build one for me. I'm on a serious budget since my wife isn't too fond of the Buick due to the thousands of dollars I put into it. Maybe a little jealous:). Lonnie agreed to put together a trans capable of lasting in a 10 sec car for a great price. It took a little while to get it because of some shipping problems but he was always there to take care of it. He even offered to refund the shipping charges because of my hassle.

After putting the trans in the car, I couldn't be happier. It's exactly what I was looking for. Shifts are very comfortable (almost unnoticable) at part throttle and incredibly tight at WOT. I needed some help after the install and I was able to get a hold of him immediately. He gave me his home phone# so I could talk to him whenever. He even calls me to see how my car is doing. I'm sure down the road if I ever need help, he'll be there.

If anyone is interested in purchasing a 200R4, I would seriously consider Extreme Automatics. You will be treated well.
Thanks

Hi,

I think I bought the trans you were talking about in the post about Lonnie Diers. I am happy with it so far, but am having trouble adjusting the TV cable. It shifts harder cruising than it does under heavy acceleration. Right now the TV cable is set to the "GM recommended" position per gnttype.org instructions. Where do you have your TV cable set, how many notches out? Also, when does yours shift into OD. I have only had the tranny in the car a couple days and it has rained so much I haven't had a chance to really tinker with it. I was going to try to adjust it myself before I called Lonnie.

Thanks

Jonathan

Jonathan, I've found optimum adjustment to be the factory method minus a click or two. Just manually push the cable back in while pressing the TV button. The cable is tight enough to slightly pull on the throttle bracket at WOT. Overdrive comes a little later than in my old trans. It varies widely with throttle position but generally around 55 mph under normal acceleration. Call Lonnie, he'll help you.