Looking at precision 5558 jb turbo

Jared31

Was looking at replacing my old school ta61 with a new precision 5558. My car is mostly a street driven car. Looking for a quick spooling turbo for around town driving.

If you are looking for a nice turbo with quick spooling characteristics, we are actually having some badass Black Friday sales for some entry-level turbos; the billet TA5856 with a stock-style inlet bell we are letting go for $695, and TE60 and TE62 turbos that require a little more converter stall than the TA5856, but they are excellent proven turbos. We have only 4 of those available. TE60 =$715, TE62=$735.

Checkout the Black Friday sale thread for more details: https://www.turbobuick.com/threads/rpss-work-turbocharger-sale.454976/

What else do you have in your combination? You will be in uncharted territory with the 5558.

What else do you have in your combination? You will be in uncharted territory with the 5558.
my car is built up some. to start I have a Janis stage one trans with a 2800 stall, stock block with dls billet cam, ported gn1 iron heads, ported champion intake, 1.55 Harland sharp roller rockers, hemco upper dog house, 55 lbs injectors, big mouth air intake, precision stock location I/c, and ta 61 turbo. might have left something out.

my car is built up some. to start I have a Janis stage one trans with a 2800 stall, stock block with dls billet cam, ported gn1 iron heads, ported champion intake, 1.55 Harland sharp roller rockers, hemco upper dog house, 55 lbs injectors, big mouth air intake, precision stock location I/c, and ta 61 turbo. might have left something out.
I'm wanting to upgrade to fast sportsman series and 60 lbs injectors and new turbo. I want a very responsive street car. I don't race it

To forcefed's point, make sure you have your current combo dialed in. If you plan to switch to the sportsman, consider doing that first and really get the car dialed in. The other piece is making sure you know how well your converter works. 0 boost stall, flash stall, and top end slip.

Put the stocker back on. Get a TT chip.Your spool up will be better and performance will be equal at the boost your running now. I never understand putting a larger turbo on a mild build and not use higher octane. You'll be stuck running stock boost level and have slower spool up with a stock converter. You want a responsive street car? What's that mean? My altima is responsive and runs 14.4 which a stock TB should run.

Put the stocker back on. Get a TT chip.Your spool up will be better and performance will be equal at the boost your running now. I never understand putting a larger turbo on a mild build and not use higher octane. You'll be stuck running stock boost level and have slower spool up with a stock converter. You want a responsive street car? What's that mean? My altima is responsive and runs 14.4 which a stock TB should run.
I just bought a new ta49. Going to put that on and eventually go with the fast sportsman series

Save your money. You can easily run a TT chip and it will fulfill all your needs. I've run 11.3 with a TT chip.