Looking For 17 Inch Wheel Pics

the wrath

i have some 24545r17 tires i just bought but now i am looking for some wheel choices i need something that is cheaper than simmons and looks good and keeps the heat down from the police i know i know i am asking alot i need pics

jd what size tires are you using what is the backspacing on the wheels and the width from and rear what type of springs are you using all around that car looks so good i like your suggestion ok guys do you have any others

Originally posted by the wrath
jd what size tires are you using what is the backspacing on the wheels and the width from and rear what type of springs are you using all around that car looks so good i like your suggestion ok guys do you have any others

the fronts are 17x8 with 245/45/17s 4" backspacing. The rears are 17x9.5" with 275/40/17s (soon to be nitto 315s, they are very narrow for a 315 and are really only about a 285 mounted on a 9.5" rim) The rear backspacing is 6.5" on the wheel, with a 1.75" adaptor from a company called Skulte. Very nice peice and have been used on many highpowered and abused cars. My springs are stock along with original POS shocks lol. I would like it to drop about an inch in the front so i will be looking into 1" drop kits and some bilsteins all the way around

For cheap 17s, go with the SLPs for 3rd gen F bodies. Ive got them on my 87 and they fit and look pretty good. Theyre pretty cheap as well.

Attachments

• mvc-002s.jpg
    mvc-002s.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 257
JDSfastGN the 315s will look fine on your wheels that is what I have on my 9.5in wheels.I have the same spacer you have and have been a 11.29@124 letting out of it with no problam with the wheel spacer.

Originally posted by malibuick231
JDSfastGN the 315s will look fine on your wheels that is what I have on my 9.5in wheels.I have the same spacer you have and have been a 11.29@124 letting out of it with no problam with the wheel spacer.

wow man i thought i was the only one lol. Your T looks awesome. Did you have to roll the fender lip at all? Glad the adaptors seem to hold up. I have a friend that had them on his WS6 and went 11.80s at 118 on them so i figure they should be ok. again the car looks awesome and i like the boyds as well:cool:

I have 17in Chip Foose "Thrustars" on my car. I like them a lot.

My car

Edit: whoops, you have to register on the site to see the pics. If you want to see them thats all you have to do, just make a dummy account, only takes a few min. If someone tells me how to post pics on here, or somewhere else, i will

I'd like to make a recommendation for 17" tires. I just installed 255-50-17s on the rear........26.5" tall, and 255-45-17s for the front.....25.5" tall. I bought the tires through tire rack for $105 and $104 respectively plus shipping. Very reasonable. You might check them out at TIRERACK.COM. They are FUZION brand, W rated (168 MPH). The size you mentioned thinking of purchasing are awfully short IMO.

RED REGAL HOW WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY SHORT I THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD SIZE FOR 17INCH TO KEEP SPEEDOMETER CORRECT WHAT DOES THE HEIGHT DO TO THE CAR ?

The 245/45-17 and the 275/40-17 are actually closer to about 25 1/2" tall. For a car that traps more than 115 you'll probably want a bit taller tire (if you do the math, the 255/50 is almost exactly 27"). If you're not going to race with them (i.e., your going to bolt up taller slicks) then it doesn't matter.

Jim

Stock factory TR tires are right at 26" tall. If you're looking for correct mph, you have to stay close to that. On my 255-50s, they advertised them at 27", but measuring them, I found them to be 26.5". I also measued my my fronts, 255-45s, and they were 25.5. If that's the case, I'd think that 245-45s would be more like 25".

Don't forget, it's whatever you prefer. My preference is a taller tire. Just wanted to put out more choices for you. My 17" rims are only 8" wide. I couldn't even consider 35 or 40 series for my application.

JDSfastGN the silver t you saw is not mine.That belongs to STP a member here and yes it is awsome.I have a blue t that is getting close to being done.

225/45/17 on front and 245/40/18 on back. Eagle alloys 212.

Attachments

• new rims 001.jpg
    new rims 001.jpg
    389.7 KB · Views: 177
Actually, it's not a T. 86' GN painted silver. Black is too hard to keep. Bought the black T a year after I painted the 86'. Go figure...The silver one is still my favorite though