Looking for 3 inch Terry Houston DP

What is the chances of using a 2 1/2 TTA pipe as a template for a 3" jig? Last year I purchased a 2 1/2 TTA pipe on ebay and I have not installed it yet. I plan to see how it fits very soon (keep my fingers crossed). Last year I had a local guy make a total custom from scratch 3" exhaust for one of my TTA's including the DP. Well, it looks very good except for the first 8 inches or so past the turbo. He had to step it twice to make the bends from the frame up to the turbo. Dont get mne wrong it works great but not to smooth with the seam welds. They were not blended in. No need they are small welds. I have a stock turbo on this car and really need a larger exhaust piece to finish the 3" properly. Nothing hits the first time down the road but I developed a small rattle near the frame area. Anyway I might have the answer for the 3"on one of my cars now and another in my garage waiting for a test fit. The thought did pass my mind to copy the 3" but I really wanted another professional brand to use as a giude. As a note from front to back all new with a SS muffler, cross over, test tube, new flex tube, custom DP all in 3" and every seam welded I paid about $1,000.00.

Thdp

Here is photo of THDP from John's Performance web site.
Right! They do not make them any more.I bought a stock GN head,took it to my local muffler shop & had a 90 degree 3" elbow welded in place of the straight GN piece.I then got some 3" SS madrel bent tubing on ebay.They sell 180 degree,90*,45*,& straight pieces.Then using a chop saw I began cutting and fitting the new downpipe together.
I then found [new]a ATR 3" downpipe on ebay,bought it,and gave up the project.
"IT CAN BE DONE!! I sold the pieces I had finished on Ebay.
John's Performance might be able to get the head units."You take it from there. :cool:

Well from what I have heard the problem isn't the actual pipe but rather the piece with the internal flapper and that initial bend. I heard that Mike is pretty much done with his besides for this one part, and TH quit making the TTA part.

3" SS DP

I'll be #3. To get even more greedy, I don't suppose that he could make a blanked cutout dump on the end ahead of the Cat Con. Then U could dump it at the track w/o having to remove the Cat Con all the time to race with race gas. PTE makes one just like that for the SyTy trucks. Real neat @ the track !

In any event, I'm in. Would it be like a TH pipe, with the wastegate puck in the elbow ?

Yes the puck will be in the elbow...internal. Mike Licht has moved and he said he is getting going on it. Hopefully by the end of the year.

Jason

i have an ATR 3'' DP stainless with a boltup for external adjustable wastegate coming off my wrecked TTA I will know in about 2 weeks...the pipe for the waste gate was bent but looks like it can be fixed. I will be rebuilding my motor for another TR but that will be a long time in the future...if your interested Ill let you know..just pm me. Infact from headers back its all atr 3'' to rhe exhaust tips including muffler...sounds pretty mean too, i got alot of compliments on it before the wreck.

Turbo1080 said:
i have an ATR 3'' DP stainless with a boltup for external adjustable wastegate coming off my wrecked TTA I will know in about 2 weeks...the pipe for the waste gate was bent but looks like it can be fixed. I will be rebuilding my motor for another TR but that will be a long time in the future...if your interested Ill let you know..just pm me. Infact from headers back its all atr 3'' to rhe exhaust tips including muffler...sounds pretty mean too, i got alot of compliments on it before the wreck.
Was it you that I just asked yesterday to let me know when you are selling ant TTA parts???? :eek: :eek: :eek:

BandAid said:
Was it you that I just asked yesterday to let me know when you are selling ant TTA parts???? :eek: :eek: :eek:[/QUOTE

yes it was....i did tell you that...sorry blackrob91 if you are interested ill have to put you in as #2 in line...these pain killers are getting to my head i think....i forgot i told bandaid that. sorry !!!