Looking for a complete Gen I parts swap list?

bodycount

LS What?
Does anyone have a parts list to swap a SBC Gen I into a err, Regal?

I want to keep the a/c compressor so what front accessory mount do I need or will the LC2 stuff bolt up. I also want to keep powersteering. What motor mounts and oil pan should I use? I will be using a set of the eBay sbc turbo headers, designed for F-body's I believe. Will an sbc bolt up to the Buick 200R? I am sure it wont last long but I do love OD. I will be removing the entire EFI harness. Does any of it integrate with the chassis wiring?

Here is a pic of my old GN after being cut off and spinning into a pole.

Picture800.jpg

Two weeks after installing this, roller cam'd forged rods, TA 49, 57# inj. Who ever gets this from the bone yard will be happy! I had a ton into this but the insurance company wasnt offer much to get and alot more to just total it. After the wreck I could fit my hand between the dash and windshield. Life goes on as they say.

Picture786.jpg

I just picked up this Hot Air car in a trade and really dont want to bother building the LC2 as I have a sbc 355 on the engine stand, nothing special, 4 bolt main dished pistons and a set of iron World heads. Gonna go blow through with twin T3/T4's and a front mount.

cars156.jpg

I am pretty sure a set of Monte SS mounts will work, my biggest concern is the accessory, a/c powersteering, mount and if the passenger can pan will fit. I most def want a serpentine system. The wiring kinda scares me also.:eek:

You are gonna need the v8 frame pads and motor mounts. Trans cross member should work depending on what trans you use. everything else is straight foward.

easy there

Its just a G-body. Malibu, malibu wagons, elcaminos oldsmobiles cutlasses etc many had v8's . All are very similar on the frame and parts interchange. Just pick up malibu or elcamino v8 mounts and pads. You also may want an aftermarket radiator. I put a 95 t-56 in a 78 malibu with a 75 350. Also there is a company that sells the tranny crossmember to fit any trans t-350, 4l60, 4l80e, 700r4, etc, for 77, 78, 80 malibus etc. Our frame is very similar to the buicks. They already have a notch on each side for dual exhaust. I think summit also sells these. Just check out ***** MalibuRacing.com - THE 78-83 Malibu Performance Site! ***** . These guys are building some awesome g-bodies. There is even a tutorial to install a tremac tko 600. Register and talk to them they can help. Also the 87 -88 montecarlo websites can help you out. Keep us posted however you build it.

Much thanks for the reply and website, I will take a walk through the boneyard and see what front accessory brackets will keep my a/c in the same location. Thanks again.