You can type here any text you want

Looking for a little guidance on wiring external pumps

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

The Granny

The car previously had dual external fuel pumps that had been set up by my dad back in the 90s, and recently I've gotten two new pumps hung up and an XFI system. I wanted to rewire the second pump to get away from the Hobbs switch, and get it to come on through FAST. Since I'll be rewiring that one, I figured I might as well do the other. Does this look like a good kit to use? http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performance-Products/555/10566/10002/-1 The pumps are walbro 255's if that matters. Thanks in advance

The car previously had dual external fuel pumps that had been set up by my dad back in the 90s, and recently I've gotten two new pumps hung up and an XFI system. I wanted to rewire the second pump to get away from the Hobbs switch, and get it to come on through FAST. Since I'll be rewiring that one, I figured I might as well do the other. Does this look like a good kit to use? http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performance-Products/555/10566/10002/-1 The pumps are walbro 255's if that matters. Thanks in advance

I would not use external pumps. There are many kits through vendors here using double pumper set ups in the tank. They drop right in and you can set up the second pump to be controlled by the XFI like you want. What fuel will you be running in the car? It matters for a couple of reasons.

This one has the hobbs switch, and I plan on moving away from that to use XFI to control the second pump.

Thanks for sending these, I'll look more into them once I get home from school

I would not use external pumps. There are many kits through vendors here using double pumper set ups in the tank. They drop right in and you can set up the second pump to be controlled by the XFI like you want. What fuel will you be running in the car? It matters for a couple of reasons.
93 octane/alky. I know that there are some dual internal pumps, but it's already set up for externals so I don't see a point in changing it if the external pumps will work just as fine

This one has the hobbs switch, and I plan on moving away from that to use XFI to control the second pump.
Thanks for sending these, I'll look more into them once I get home from school
93 octane/alky. I know that there are some dual internal pumps, but it's already set up for externals so I don't see a point in changing it if the external pumps will work just as fine

Saw this on their Facebook page a while back.
13235113_1136562496408377_5230039845927514771_o.jpg

Back