You can type here any text you want

Looking For A Mass Air Sensor

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

WARBIRD89

Faster and Faster untill
LOOKING FOR A MASS AIR SENSOR FOR MY TTA89. WERE IS THE BEST PLACE TO FIND ONE?
THANKS
STEVE

Its not a bad idea to switch to the LT1/LS1 MAS w/ Translator or Translator plus.
GM no longer makes our sensors, and remanufactured are hit and miss, plus you'll almost pay as much. My 3" LT1 MAS and translator was $260 brand new from Full Throttle Speed. Check the 4 sale items on this board, sometime you can pick them cheap.

I've personally had good luck with remanufactured sensors from Advance Auto (in the past 18 months). Before I went with the T+ and LT-1 MAF, I got two sensors from Advance Auto that had the original style connector and that worked well (confirmed with Turbolink). (Keeping them both in case I ever return it to stock).

I made a verbal agreement with the guy behind the counter that he'd keep providing remanufactured MAFs until the correct, original plug style came in a working MAF. The first one was right and worked well. Most on the board have not been so lucky :)

Don't give up your original MAF until you know you have a good replacement, otherwise, you'll forget what it looks like ;) You need an exact replacement.

Lee, I am trying to put a LS-1 maf (with translator) on my old beat up 89. Do you have any pictures of the air intake "plumbing" that you could post here. I would like to know what you used, and where you got the parts from. Any help will be apreciated. - Thanx - Turbota

Translator plumbing

Turbota,

I used the three inch Lt-1 MAF. It replaced the stock MAF without any modification, and utilized the original attachment to the stock air box and stock turbo inlet pipe. I'll send you a picture, but it will show only that the stock MAF ws replaced with the Lt-1 MAF.

Make sense?

Leeb

Originally posted by turbota
Lee, I am trying to put a LS-1 maf (with translator) on my old beat up 89. Do you have any pictures of the air intake "plumbing" that you could post here. I would like to know what you used, and where you got the parts from. Any help will be apreciated. - Thanx - Turbota

They make a 3" to 3.5" bell for both sides to put the 3.5" sensor in our 3" plumbing setup. I forget off hand who carries them, check some of the usual vendors or do a search, should come up.
I hope ;)

I used the LT1 as Lee did, perfect fit with the ATR maf pipe and a 9" K&N

http://hometown.aol.com/crowsey/images/engine5.jpg

Thanks guys - I am going to try it as you described it ------- Thanx again. Turbota

Frank,
Your set up is very clean. Are you using any reducers for the K&N to the MAF or the MAF to the ATR pipe? The pic makes it kinda difficult to tell, but it sure looks good anyhow! I also have an ATR pipe and would like to duplicate what you have. A part number for the K&N and any other info would be greatly appreciated.

Never mind the reducer question Frank, I just now noticed you said LT1 not LS1....However, any other info will be good.

Originally posted by turbov6joe
Never mind the reducer question Frank, I just now noticed you said LT1 not LS1....However, any other info will be good.

K&N pn# RE-0810 Its the universal cone, 3" inlet, 9" Length, taper is 6" to 4 5/8".

I tried the 12", just a wee bit to long, would not fit. 10.5-11" would be ideal with the ATR pipe, if they made it. Trying to over compensate;)

Funny thing too, saw a blown Viper at the track this weekend, the cone K&N strapped to his Novi was only 3-4" in length (go figure:p ). Guess you don't need a big filter to trap 138 mph:D

Back