You can type here any text you want

Looking for a TB Car in So Cal.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tang

Looking for a car that I can drive to work-- not a fully modded race car.

I am not interested in anything with a salvage title, rust issues, cosmetic or mechanical problems. A clean driver.

I'm in Orange County. Let me know if anyone has anything.

we have a very nice white turbo t here in vegas for sale. $12,500 obo.

tang said:
Looking for a car that I can drive to work-- not a fully modded race car. I am not interested in anything with a salvage title, rust issues, cosmetic or mechanical problems. A clean driver. I'm in Orange County. Let me know if anyone has anything.
----------------------------------
There's generally at least a few turbo Buicks for sale at the upcoming BGNRA Bates Nut Farm show coming up this Sunday, 06-04-2006. Check out the flyer for details. Spectators free, $25 entrance fee to show car at gate. This is an excellent show and an opportunity to see a lot of So Cals turbo Buicks
in 1 place.
http://www.bgnra.org/

tang said:
TTT

$8K Range.

Looks like a nice looking black Limited in your neck of the woods for $7,500.

87 Limited on autotrader

93415623.197423174.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

DaveLC2 said:
Looks like a nice looking black Limited in your neck of the woods for $7,500.

87 Limited on autotrader

93415623.197423174.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

that one there has a lil over 150k miles,all original though no mods.
interior looks clean with a few tears on the leather.paint is a lil faded and cracked as usual.
i called on it before thats how i know!

I think I saw that car at a dealership, I remember the guy asking like 17K because he said it had 9,000 miles on it. MOre like 109,000 miles on it. From what I heard from other board member.....stay away from that thing.

I went to see the car above last week. Paint is in pretty bad shape and the passenger seat is pretty mauled up, but otherwise its a fine looking car for the price. I wasn't interested however and I'm still looking for a TB (preferably non-black).

Hey guys, i was doing some research and found that black limited on autotrader today..Yeah, so im a little late.
So anyway, i came here to see if he had advertised it, and low and behold i find it in this thread.

How bad was the car?
Now i know the mileage of the car, thanks guys..

tang- since you have seen it in person, what is the condition of the car?
What do you think its worth?
My dad is looking for a limited, thats why im posting.

Thanks
BW

I spoke with the guy who really didn't seem to know much about the car, except that there is a problem with the carfax in that it jumps from 80,000 miles at one smog down down to 10,000 miles at the next, possibly an error and should have been 110,000 but who knows. Even he said he thought the mileage had been tampered with. I too was interested, but something just wasn't right about the whole thing when I spoke to him so I passed on it. I think I agree with the other post, might want to stay away from this one, plus there has to be a reason the car has been for sale at that price for months and no one has bit.

Quick6'n'-K.C. said:
Hey guys, i was doing some research and found that black limited on autotrader today..Yeah, so im a little late.
So anyway, i came here to see if he had advertised it, and low and behold i find it in this thread. How bad was the car? Now i know the mileage of the car, thanks guys.. tang- since you have seen it in person, what is the condition of the car? What do you think its worth? My dad is looking for a limited, thats why im posting. Thanks BW
-----------------------------------
Bryan:
You might want to do a search, as there was another post regarding that car at the dealership and it was pretty well discussed, or should I say disgusted.
I beleive that Morgan Hayden, or Drippan, or Drip Pan, as he is called on this board, saw the car in person and did not ahve anything good to say about it. Maybe 8 months to a year ago or something like that for the original thread. HTH.

Gentlemen,

Just to clarify here as we are actually talking about two different cars...the one I saw at the dealership in Long Beach was advertised as a 9,000 mile Limited priced at $14,000, and it turned out to be a 109k or possibly 209k car. That vehicle was a plain T-Type, gray in color with gray bucket interior and console shift. The dealer hardly spoke any English. That car was essentially good for nothing more than parts.

The second car is the aforementioned black Limited in the picture above which is located in a warehouse in Anaheim. I saw that car this afternoon and put my scantool on it; it idles okay but overall this car IMO would need at least $8K to $10k worth of engine, tranny and body work to make presentable. Overall, it wasn't much better than the car I saw in Long Beach. The interior is grey leather with the half console. Unfortunately, the driver's seat had been repaired with vinyl, the passenger side was ripped, the paint was checked beyond belief, and rust was showing through on some horizontal surfaces and the bumpers. The car has 153,000 miles. The unmotivated seller couldn't even get the vehicle out of the warehouse, as it was blocked in by a pickup that wouldn't start. The selling price was $7,500; $3,500 would have been a real stretch in my book. Also, the seller was of questionable character; I recognized him instantly as the same guy I dealt with about 5 years ago when he had a 1996 LT-1 Roadmaster wagon for sale. He even said the same thing to me today as he did then: "I'm just waitin' for the right buyer." Luckily he didn't recognize at all.

The Bottom Line: save your time and avoid BOTH.

I hope this information helps!

Thank you for taking the time to post that, i guess i see a black limited and....
dammit where is the kleenex.

I live in kansas, if you dont drive during the winter months the cars stay very rust free, i assume the car has rust issues cause of the salt from the ocean like hawiian cars?

Just looking for another limited, my dad is wanting one, yesterday.

Did you take any pics of the limited?
BW

Drip Pan:
Morgan, sorry for my incorrect post, but for some reason I thought that they were the same car. oops, my bad. At least both cars report cards turned out to have the same results.

Hey guys:

I am new here, but I am also in LA area looking for a not black turbo regal of sorts. I found this same black one in anaheim, and it actually just sold for asking price of $7500. He has another one, silver cloth bench column shift landau top that he is asking $6500 for. I have been trying to go see it, but it is in a warehouse in pasadena. He says he will call me when it gets out here. From what you are saying, it is not worth my time to go check it out. Says it has 140,000 miles on it. He also has a typhoon with 40,000 and a salvage title for $7500. I guess I will just keep looking. He does seem a little whacky on the phone. His name is gordy, and what is worse is he gave me a number for another guy to call about info on the other car. Get this- the other guys name is also gordy.

Back