You can type here any text you want

looking for a ttype or gn.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

johno_85

Hey guys i'm new here looking for a 86/87 T-type or GN. I've been into Mustangs my whole life. I have always wanted a GN or a T-type. So after the first of the year(income tax time:) ) I'm looking to buy one. I will prob. have around 5000 max of 7000 to spend. I know this isn't going to get me a showcar or race winner. I do think I can buy a good project car for this though. So If you guys hear of anything please let me know. Any help in my search is appreciated.

John.

Well, if you are not in a hurry you can pick up an 86/87 project car for that price. As you know the price on these cars are going up every day. There are some project cars left in the market, once they all clear out, you will be paying a good money to obtain one. 7k should get you an ok turbo Buick. Where are you located?

HTH

Prasad

That's about what I paid for my car a couple years ago. Not a true GN or T according to the vin but I didn't care. Car went 12.85 the first night I had it. Where else can you get a 12 sec car for 5k? For that amount of money, expect to have to do some remedial mechanical work before you start to mod. It'll be worth it in the end.

Okay so its possiable to get one for the cash i'll have then. Just won't be perfect.

I paid 2k for my we4. Totally trashed. Needed a rebuilt long block (block was cracked), driver's floor was rusted through, the body mount brace is rusted off on the pass side, needs doors, hood, header panel, interior needs to be redone, and a core support, four tires, powermaster motor, etc. (the car was wrecked also). But it has the posi rear, nice t wheels and center caps, firm tranny, and low options so it is lighter than most cars. I probably got about 4k into it with buying it. I now have most the interior and most of the dents out and nice fenders. Just need to do the gruntwork on the body, and purchase the expensive body parts, throw on mounts and its time for paint-just need that money. If you wait, and like hard work like me, You can find a crapbox like this and have it nice and pretty for half the money you spend on a nice one-plus you know what you got in it cause YOU did all the work:smile:

I will keep my eyes peeled for you. There is a few that pop up from time to time around here..

I assume you prefer a hardtop, over the t-top and astroroof cars?

BW

Hardtop car would be good for purely racing but I sure like my astro roof for cruising around. It stays in the garage so I don't worry about the leaks. Plus I've got a little extra headroom with the astro roof. I wouldn't fit in the car with my helmet on if it weren't for that. I guess normal sized people don't have to worry about headroom though. Good luck in your search, I'll keep an eye out also. You never know where they will turn up. I found an '83 T in the paper that the guy wanted $1200 for. By the time I left with the car, he talked himself down to $800. I guess he felt guilty about screwing me. Sold it a week later for like $2000.

Hardtop car would be good for purely racing but I sure like my astro roof for cruising around. It stays in the garage so I don't worry about the leaks. Plus I've got a little extra headroom with the astro roof. I wouldn't fit in the car with my helmet on if it weren't for that. I guess normal sized people don't have to worry about headroom though. Good luck in your search, I'll keep an eye out also. You never know where they will turn up. I found an '83 T in the paper that the guy wanted $1200 for. By the time I left with the car, he talked himself down to $800. I guess he felt guilty about screwing me. Sold it a week later for like $2000.

Sweet would be great if you guys could help me find something.:)

Yeah I know I have to wait until after christmas though. I wish i didn't or that car would be mine.

Man, I wish I was looking for a car. That looks like a solid car for the money. Perfect weekend to go pick it up too.

Maybe he'll take a deposit to hold it til after Christmas for you. Never hurts to ask.

My little brother found a 85 GN local. Not really wanting a hot air car though. It has 85,000 miles and is t-top. I havn't seen the car yet. He is asking 4500 for it. How hard is it to convert hot air car to 86/87 specs?

My little brother found a 85 GN local. Not really wanting a hot air car though. It has 85,000 miles and is t-top. I havn't seen the car yet. He is asking 4500 for it. How hard is it to convert hot air car to 86/87 specs?

It can be done, I have converted around 10 hotairs to 86/87 setup for freinds and customers. My advice to you is; save your self the trouble and just by an 86/87. You will spend the same amount or more by the time you are done with it. Besides, the 86/87 will be worth more money any day.

If you are set on doing the conversion due to financial reasons and you want to collect parts and do it over time, then go for it. I can help you with all the info you need and finding parts.
You can always give me a buzz (312)887-1950 office(7.30-3.45) or 630-965-1987 Cel

HTH
Prasad

It can be done, I have converted around 10 hotairs to 86/87 setup for freinds and customers. My advice to you is; save your self the trouble and just by an 86/87. You will spend the same amount or more by the time you are done with it. Besides, the 86/87 will be worth more money any day.

If you are set on doing the conversion due to financial reasons and you want to collect parts and do it over time, then go for it. I can help you with all the info you need and finding parts.
You can always give me a buzz (312)887-1950 office(7.30-3.45) or 630-965-1987 Cel

HTH
Prasad

I will keep the information in mind. I wish i had the cash to buy the gold car above. That thing is so nice for the money.

I will keep the information in mind. I wish i had the cash to buy the gold car above. That thing is so nice for the money.

If that car was some what closer to me, I would have bought it and flipped it for at least 2K profit.

It doesn't look like an abused car.

Prasad

If that car was some what closer to me, I would have bought it and flipped it for at least 2K profit.

It doesn't look like an abused car.

Prasad

If it were only a month or so later it would be on a truck being shipped to Joplin, MO. :D

If it were only a month or so later it would be on a truck being shipped to Joplin, MO. :D

Don't worry, you never know, nobody wants spend any money right now due to the holidays. So some of these cars will be around by the time you get your money together. When Feb-March comes around, they will sell like hot cakes due to Tax refunds.

Back