You can type here any text you want

Looking for belt for cassette motor

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

zapp240

Looking to repair my factory radio's cassette player. I took the unit apart and found the belt to be in poor shape. anybody replace one and know of a source for these? wanting to keep the factory radio or i wouldn't be going threw the pain, thanks.

I have the whole EQ Radio if your interested?
GNradio.jpg

thanks fast86, I really only need the belt and wouldn't need to trash a whole radio for it, unless this is a parts unit.

thanks fast86, I really only need the belt and wouldn't need to trash a whole radio for it, unless this is a parts unit.

I don't know if it works or not? I pulled it from my parts car and never tried it out.

If you search for cassette belt on ebay it returns several auctions with an assortment of sizes for a few dollars

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thanks, I also found this site.
https://www.kenselectronics.com/lists/belts.htm
GM/Delco Autosound Cassette Players 1980 thru mid-1990's come in 4 styles.
(1) Non-auto reverse models use SBX7.4
(2) Auto reverse Fijitsu 3 (Mechanical) Button Mechanisms use SBS8.6
(3) Auto reverse Blaupunkt 4-button Mechanisms use 2 belts: AV-SBS4.9 & AV-SBS9.2
(4)Pioneer (88 up) and Alpine Mechanisms (91 up) have electronic switch buttons use AV-SBS9.2

Might help someone else.......

Got the cassette mechanism from Mario and installed it in no time, easy fix. Cassettes work like a charm now, thanks Mario, anyone looking to repair a cassette player, I recommend one of Mario's assemblies, cheap and easy

Back