You can type here any text you want

Looking for "black chrome" paint

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

toofastforyou

2FAST4U
I'm looking for some paint for my GN and I'm wondering if there is a manufacturer who makes some "Black chrome" looking paint?

Claude.

What are you looking to do? Our powder coater does black chrome and we've done radiators, shrouds, and misc other parts. Looked great.

Peter

The Alsa paint is complex in how it works. You must paint the object gloss black. Then if you want a mirror type reflection you sand and buff it to a gloss shine. Next you mist their product on till you get the look you want. After 24 hour wait you can clearcoat it. Not sure it wears well, I have only done small objects on the past with mixed results .

I was thinking about some paint to do the whole car

Claude.
:eek::rolleyes::eek::rolleyes::eek::rolleyes::eek:
Seriously how many shades of black/grey do you want it.......?
It could be the official "50 shades of black" GN.
It's possible but getting someone to do it and how many times and how much material to get it right would probably be outrageous.

I bet it would look great but my concern would be if you were get a scratch, dent, or anything that requires touch up, it would probably be very difficult to color match or fix.

It would have to be sprayed as a translucent over a base basically like candy paint. so every edge every over pass must be uniform with out it building on the edges. Cool probably. Hard, hell yes.

Go for it........:D

Yeah, Claude, you paint it black so many times, as rmar said that it'll turn into a BLACK HOLE! Not only will everything start disappearing, so will all the money in your wallet!:eek: Then you'll end up with a YUGO!!!:bag:

Bruce '87 Grand National

I know that some purists will say it's a sacrilege to paint a GN any other color than black, but I've that car since new and I'm sick and tired of having to wax the car almost every two time I take it out. The car is now 28 years old and even if I did my best to keep it good looking, the paint is starting to show it's age and needs to be redone.
Last week, I saw a 2013 Porsche Carrera that was some kind of "gunmetal" or "black chrome" black (didn't know exactly how it was called at the time) and I thought that it might look great on my GN. ;) I checked for color samples and I'm pretty sure it is "Basalt Black" code C9Z". Luckily, the car's owner is a friend of mine so I'll ask him.

Claude. :)

Last edited:
I thought about doing the the same thing with the black on my car , changing it to Carbon Flash Metallic . It's still black , just a little different . Go to dealerships and check out the paints there . That's how we got the color for our front door !:D

Back