You can type here any text you want

Looking for hi vol front cover in stock

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

troyk

Does anybody know of someone that has a front timing cover with the high volume pump install, in stock?

Trying to next day it to my house, because I'm out of town the next few weeks & the engine shop is on hold till I get him one.
Thanks.

You know that the high volume pumps cause wear issues on the front of the cam, right? Most of us stay away from them because they can cause some real issues.

I don't know if this matters, I am converting over to hydraulic roller.
Also, TA Performance said they are out of regular & hi vol. 2 weeks out on the reg flow. months out on hi flow. Silver Seal seems to be supplying bad parts to them on hi flow.

Try Earl Brown.. He may have a GM cover w/ his mods, ready to go. No need for the HV deal...

Does anybody know of someone that has a front timing cover with the high volume pump install, in stock?............

We have done builds of hundreds of turbo Buick engines and never used a HV cover as the stock gears have been proven to do the job very well up to 1000 HP builds, including the one listed in my signature.

TA machines the timing cover to specs better than factory, and that has proven to be the best unit available.

The HV timing cover TA sells is a Silver Seal, and their recent stock was returned as you stated since the specs were WAY out of tolerance.

If you are in a bind, I have a couple new TA covers for builds I am doing, but can divert one to you as our assembly schedule is a couple weeks away, and I can ship it to your shop.

We have done builds of hundreds of turbo Buick engines and never used a HV cover as the stock gears have been proven to do the job very well up to 1000 HP builds, including the one listed in my signature.

TA machines the timing cover to specs better than factory, and that has proven to be the best unit available.

The HV timing cover TA sells is a Silver Seal, and their recent stock was returned as you stated since the specs were WAY out of tolerance.

If you are in a bind, I have a couple new TA covers for builds I am doing, but can divert one to you as our assembly schedule is a couple weeks away, and I can ship it to your shop.

You the man Nick for offering a brother a cover. I love that you always help others out of a bind when they need it most.

I will call around to the vendors on Monday, to see if they have stock. I don't want to take parts from a job you already have.
Thanks

Just my FYI, I have done a few Buick engines and have never had the need or want to run a HV cover / pump. Stick with the stock stuff, blue print it and you will have more than enough oil flow and pressure.

2 decades and this has never failed me yet.

Back