You can type here any text you want

Looking for low 10's, high 9's, s2 off center.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BLACK MAGIC RACING

formerly turbo_canuck
Here's the lowdown so far, my engine is out, and the stage shortblock is ready to go in. it's a 274 off center, 9:1 compression. Here's where all the questions come in. I have the stock intake, with a precision plenum and 70 mm tb. ready to go on. should i upgrade intakes for my goals? i have 160 lb and 95 lb injectors, which should i use? i have a new red's double pumper in-tank. is this enough? if not, which pump would i need? i have a choice between a 70gtq, which i have, or a pt-88 which is available to me. the 88 is on atr headers, and has an external gate. the 70 would have to stay on my poston headers, with internal gate. Fast system is a given, it's going in in 2 weeks. would a built up 2004r be enough? or should i go with a 400? help me out here!!:p

S2

For that goal that you want this will work: PT70 GTQ, 95 lb inj, stock intake, 70 TB, double pumpers, poston headers, 2004 R. If you want mid 9's then you will need: 160 lb inj, possible the PT88 or a PT76 GTS, BGC intake, turbo 400 trans, start considering a external fuel pump. This is my same goal with my Oncenter S2 motor.:D

If it was me..... I would use the 88 turbo and 160's and go easy 10 flats. If it was me and I did that, I would look into a different intake to accomadate a larger throttle body(90mm) to take advantage of that turbo. I suppose I'll ask what heads you have and if they will flow the air required to take advantage of that setup. You'll need some champions for an 88 turbo, otherwise you're wasting your time.:)

with that setup (95's, 70GTQ, double pumper) you can run easy high 9's......the weak link is the 2004R unless you do a high $$$ upgrade...otherwise, you'll be rebuilding every 20- 50 passes or so

don't spend any money on the intake until you use the 88

the 95's and the 70gtq will be a great combo. i think it will be easier to spool with the extra cubic inch's and will run mid 9's. i will try this same combo as soon as mine is done. it already went 9.70's on a stock block.

Back