Looking for Wheel and Tire Ideas (Yes been threw the rim post like 9 times lol More questions

1987T

Looking for 10's
Let start this as saying I have always been a big Drag Racer and Love the look my Car has now with big and littles. BUT WE moved out of the city and to the Country where the roads are not straight and we live on a Dirt road (Only a 1/2 mile off pavement) average Cuise speed around here is 60mph (posted 55) and some of the curves are 60-80* so the skinnies aint working so well with someone up your ass its nerve racking to say the least. Plus to get to some of the bigger Car Events and Cruises we have a Min. 25 Mile drive some are 60 miles away so a More Street pot hole save set up is in order. Still want to stick with a good sticky rear tire though.
Im not looking to lower my car any time soon either. It also has a Drag type set up under it that Im not changing because the car hooks great now and its taken be a lot of time to get it this way.

Ok so over the last 3-4 years Ive been threw the show your wheel and tire thread 10-20 times. Thing is Im looking for some advice and images of Non LOWERED CARS Stock Ride height with 17-20" wheels. My big concern is the car looking like its lifted or setting way to high on the bigger wheel and tire set.

My next big issue is my trans is set up for a 28" Tall Tire so some how some way I need to stay as close to that as is possible so not to 1 have speedo issues but 2 dont want to throw the computer off as my chip is also set up for this size tire.

Ive seen a lot of cool wheels in the Thread many dont say offsets or width of wheel or what tire sizes so Id like to have this info with some photos. My budget is $3000 max (Wife set that lol) Id like to keep a Good Fat tire in the rear as my Wheel wells have rolled in lip and I have fit a 28X10.5 Mickey Thompson full slick and also a set of Hoosiers same size without issues. (Currently on 28 10.5 Hoosier quick time pro)

my car is silver with Dark Gray pin stripes and Im thinking Silver or Dark gray center (Depending on the wheel style) I love the HRE and Simmons wheels ive seen but I cant spend $6000-10,000 on wheels and tires.

So whats out there in this price range (Or just a tad above maybe)

I have attached a few photos of the current set up as well.

Thanks for your help and advice

Attachments

• 107.JPG
    107.JPG
    589.1 KB · Views: 96
  • 20170818_173703.jpg
    20170818_173703.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 98
  • Milan 8-23-2014.jpg
    Milan 8-23-2014.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 92
That car would look great with some T wheels .
Run some old school vectors in the rear 8.5 width 3 1/2 backspace and some stock t wheels in the front
And you can run a 295/55 /15 on the vectors with no problem
That's what I'm running

Attachments

• 20190908_191625.jpg
    20190908_191625.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 87
Looks tough, Pool Guy, I'm going to do that someday.

Have the same car. Minus the running and driving part.

15 X 10 AND 15 X 8 Weld Draglites. 295/55 /15 MT DR's out back, BF Goodrich on the fronts

I'll get backspacing and front sizes when i get home (want to be sure)

The thing will hook in a car wash.

Attachments

• 193.JPG
    193.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 91
  • 194.JPG
    194.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 91
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 81
There are a couple of routes to go for your car.

The Weld S71 can be had in 18 or 19 inch wheels. The 18s work better in terms of fit. 18x8s in front, 18x9s in the rear. You won’t need to change gears in the trans because the overall height of the wheels does not change very much at all. Price is $3k for a set.

Ride height can be changed by spindles or coil over shocks. Your choice. The idea is to drop the body but still have travel for the shocks to do the job.

The Gbody parts wheels are another option and they can be had in 18 or 19 inch heights. $1500 for a set.

Either route you take I highly recommend 3 inch length studs when you do them.

Keep in mind brake upgrades when you do all of this.

This a GN with the G body wheels on it.

Attachments

• BC994DD9-5B59-4DE0-8814-91A8EB3B291A.jpeg
    BC994DD9-5B59-4DE0-8814-91A8EB3B291A.jpeg
    878.3 KB · Views: 45
  • A1AA4E04-EA95-4220-B61F-6752C7389069.jpeg
    A1AA4E04-EA95-4220-B61F-6752C7389069.jpeg
    888.9 KB · Views: 43
Have you considered just getting wider fronts and work on the tire sidewall height ratio to get the right height. Car looks great man! It's hard to mess with a good combo

That car would look great with some T wheels .
Run some old school vectors in the rear 8.5 width 3 1/2 backspace and some stock t wheels in the front
And you can run a 295/55 /15 on the vectors with no problem
That's what I'm running
Those wheels are a home run on any Grand National. The stock GN wheels made out of aluminum from the g-body man are very nice too.

Just realized my 15's don't fit the bill. Rear tire size = 27.8 inches, but I'm out.

I agree with just get a set of 7-8" wide fronts to match for daily use. Or, I think a clean set of OEM T wheels would be a great set as well.

Let start this as saying I have always been a big Drag Racer and Love the look my Car has now with big and littles. BUT WE moved out of the city and to the Country where the roads are not straight and we live on a Dirt road (Only a 1/2 mile off pavement) average Cuise speed around here is 60mph (posted 55) and some of the curves are 60-80* so the skinnies aint working so well with someone up your ass its nerve racking to say the least. Plus to get to some of the bigger Car Events and Cruises we have a Min. 25 Mile drive some are 60 miles away so a More Street pot hole save set up is in order. Still want to stick with a good sticky rear tire though.
Im not looking to lower my car any time soon either. It also has a Drag type set up under it that Im not changing because the car hooks great now and its taken be a lot of time to get it this way.

Ok so over the last 3-4 years Ive been threw the show your wheel and tire thread 10-20 times. Thing is Im looking for some advice and images of Non LOWERED CARS Stock Ride height with 17-20" wheels. My big concern is the car looking like its lifted or setting way to high on the bigger wheel and tire set.

My next big issue is my trans is set up for a 28" Tall Tire so some how some way I need to stay as close to that as is possible so not to 1 have speedo issues but 2 dont want to throw the computer off as my chip is also set up for this size tire.

Ive seen a lot of cool wheels in the Thread many dont say offsets or width of wheel or what tire sizes so Id like to have this info with some photos. My budget is $3000 max (Wife set that lol) Id like to keep a Good Fat tire in the rear as my Wheel wells have rolled in lip and I have fit a 28X10.5 Mickey Thompson full slick and also a set of Hoosiers same size without issues. (Currently on 28 10.5 Hoosier quick time pro)

my car is silver with Dark Gray pin stripes and Im thinking Silver or Dark gray center (Depending on the wheel style) I love the HRE and Simmons wheels ive seen but I cant spend $6000-10,000 on wheels and tires.

So whats out there in this price range (Or just a tad above maybe)

I have attached a few photos of the current set up as well.

Thanks for your help and advice

CCW wheels are an option as well as Avant-garde.

Thank you Ill look into them. I have found some others at Speedway auto parts but they only have 4.5" BS witch to me seems ok since 15" X10" Pro Stars are 4.5" BS and fit perfect but I know the 17" wheels are different the hole BS thing is very confusing