Looking in advance for an 87 engine.

X-Breed

I will be in the market for a complete engine for a X-breed I am working on. If there is anyone out there that can show me the way to get my hands on one let me know thanks. Would like a computer and wiring harness also. Wouldn't mind picking the brains of someone who knows a bunch about X-breeds. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Jeff

Everything you need can be found here. Air filter to down pipe and everything in between. Including both the motor wiring harness and dash wiring harness, ecm, belts hoses, radiator, power steering pump and reservoir etc.

www.hbscomputers.com/gnmotor

Joe

You can piece one together fairly cheap too.

Did you know that the block,rods,flexplate,timing cover,heads are the identical pieces used in the regular Gbodies in 86,87 and 88 monte carlos? All cutlass,grand prix,regals and montes have the same 3.8 109 engine.

Engine sensors are common from all other GM vehicles, search www.gnttype.org for the chart as what fits what.

Finding the 109 block is fairly easy to be had at your local junk yard.
"109" is the last 3 digits of the casting number located on the drivers side rear of the engine
Shop here or ebay for headers,x over, intake and engine harness and you would be out maybe 1000.00 for everything if you went that route, plus rebuild.

HTH
BW