You can type here any text you want

Looking to get better gas or average mileage out of

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Goat

I heart Boost and DRs...
Im trying to see if I can get some better gas mileage out the motor cause I have no idea of what Im getting, but guys are bragging about getting 28 mpg out of a v8 just wondering if I could the same or more?

oh I drive it right until it comes time for business.

28mpg. lol. not with a stock engine even if you have a ***** foot. Its possible to get more if you have a higher compression ration and a lean burn but if you think you are going to get 28 easily you can think again.

thats a negative on the 28mpg unless youre forever driving down hill. but a good lock-up converter and a gauge showing vacuum/boost can help a whole lot. over 20mpg? yes it can be done. but who bought these cars for the mileage!?!?:eek:

Me and some buddys were talking about it cause Im not sure of what my truck is getting with this engine in it.

I know of a corvette making 702whp getting 35mpg not sure how, but it was at sema that what raised the topic on the GN motor in my S10.

Just got 20.2 mpg weighing about 4200#'s when I drove to Reynolds last weekend 450 miles each way. Ran on tall drag radial aired up to 32psi. 275 50 17 M&H racemaster DR's which is about 28 inches tall. That's the easiest way to get better mpg is to lower the rpm by using a taller tire. I had to use the GPS on my iphone to figure out mph per 100 rpm on my autometer tach so I could run the speed limits when the V1 said smokey's up ahead. 2000 rpm meant about 80 mph.

Look at this way, sport.....just compare yours to my '69 Vette, which gets 12-13 MPG all day, modified engine....on high octane....then you'll feel better.:rolleyes: Gas now is $3.00 for 93 octane here in Central Virginia.....and there's no hurricanes, tornados, thunderstorms, bad air, loose chickens in the road, or all other excuses the oil boys make for their rediculous increase in oil prices......"Wait, the air quality index was high today, let's raise gas 15 cents a gallon!!!!!!!" And Congress wants to put a 15 cents a gallon tax on gas, those idiots!!!!:mad:

Matter of fact, it was a beautiful, fall day today.....but, let's jack up those gas prices boys!!!!! Got to go gouge before Christmas!!! I don't drive the Vette much as it sucks up gas like I do beer!!!!:eek:

Bruce '87 Grand National

Look at this way, sport.....just compare yours to my '69 Vette, which gets 12-13 MPG all day, modified engine....on high octane....then you'll feel better.:rolleyes: Gas now is $3.00 for 93 octane here in Central Virginia.....and there's no hurricanes, tornados, thunderstorms, bad air, loose chickens in the road, or all other excuses the oil boys make for their rediculous increase in oil prices......"Wait, the air quality index was high today, let's raise gas 15 cents a gallon!!!!!!!" And Congress wants to put a 15 cents a gallon tax on gas, those idiots!!!!:mad:

Matter of fact, it was a beautiful, fall day today.....but, let's jack up those gas prices boys!!!!! Got to go gouge before Christmas!!! I don't drive the Vette much as it sucks up gas like I do beer!!!!:eek:

Bruce '87 Grand National

This isn't even worth a response.

hello people; You could probably get close or even better than 28 MPG if you drove highway all the time and kept out of the boost and had MPG in mind. Around town it's going to be tuff. I don't know about you but do you drive in overdrive around town or do you drive in D and pop into OD as I was told to do at 45 MPH or above? Keeping in OD might not be good for the trans but I believe your MPG would get better.
IBBY

Bruce '87 Grand National

When gas was $4.00+ a gallon, I knocked off 20 minuntes commute time (roads were almost empty of airheads).

The cheapest routes without changing driving habits or tuning is to lose weight on the car and run a taller tire.

Back