You can type here any text you want

Looking to rebuild my engine, need help on deciding what parts to go with

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
yea i will stop in the shop tomorrow and talk to them about it, ill make sure to let them know about all the variables.

Thanks a lot for the help guys! i have owned a 86t a few years ago and it just wasn't quite for me, so i have been out of the turbo buick game for a little while, and for the last 2 years i have been playing with my 97supra tt, then i found the tta for sale this summer , and i like rare cars and like the turbo buicks. the price was right so i jumped on it. so now im kind of starting from scratch to get to learn all the turbo buick stuff.

as far as the cam goes i was thinking of going with the .210/.215 if i get the FT kit, or else the .212/.212 if i go with the comp kit, also do you think the billet mains on the center 2 are necessary ?

as far as the cam goes i was thinking of going with the .210/.215 if i get the FT kit, or else the .212/.212 if i go with the comp kit, also do you think the billet mains on the center 2 are necessary ?

Yes....be on the safe side...you will/are going to want to go faster later on...like someone suggested above...build it up right the first time. A stock rebuild doesn't sound like the direction you are going in...and if you have any dreams of 11-10 second runs..do it now. You will be happy later on.. I would much rather overbuild now, then rebuild xx later....
Billet Mains
K1 Rods
Forged Pistons
Forged Crank
=10 Second bottom end...(um without worry)

Back