You can type here any text you want

Lost 4x in a row...to a damn Fbody!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

WakkoSS

I raced two kids tonight, both of em in F bodies. One with a 95 or so Z28 with Nitto's and pizza cutters, the other with a 99 SS with nittos on stock rims. Turns out they were brothers and run mid to high 13's. I've got crappy Yokohamas on my car so I had to drive slow till I hit 45 or so, THEN I mashed it and took off. By then of course they were 4-5-6 cars ahead and I couldnt reel em in enough. At about 120 or so (guesstimate) I was a car length behind every time. We pulled over to chat and I told them when I get my Nitto's installed we'll run again, but this time I'll tear em up. On the way home I got pulled over by the fuzzies and when they realized I was a deputy said "There were some kids in Camaros racing a black car here a little bit ago, but I guess it wasn't you." I grinned and said "I don't know a thing about it...wanna race?" I at least beat the police car!

It's aggravating to have the faster car and still lose!!!

Oh, it's modded. TE44, hotwire kit, upgraded pump, Dutt neck, no cat, race tranny and orange stripe 'verter. STOCK airbox and fuel pressure regulator though. The problem wasn't speed, it was traction...I didnt HAVE any. I've got an adj regulator on the way and a pair of Nittos ready to install on the car. Add in the Big Mouth kit and I should teach em a hardy lesson. :)

Were you on pump gas? If so get an alcohol injection kit or better yet some VP C16 race gas, turn up the boost, and hand him his ass!!!!

Yeah, pump gas. You missed the point though. I had to leave the line and accelerate normally till about 40-45 mph....THEN I floored it, it downshifted, boosted and took off... Once I can put the power to the street, he's done for. I agree that the alcohol would make the car alot faster, I'd be able to catch up....but it's worthless if I can't put it to the pavement.

Oh BTW, try to race him at Moroso (the track) cause there is a pretty NASTY street racing law in Florida that was recently passed and if the Cops catch you racing they can and will take your car and make you pay a sh!t load of fines and also I'm pretty sure you get a nice Felony charge!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Be careful cause it's not worth losing your car!:cool:

Oh, we'll be doin the Moroso thing, for sure. Did you read the entire first post? What do you think I do for a living? :D

Sorry my bad for not reading the whole thing, but I just wanted to make sure that you are in the know cause that law is pretty NASTY and there are a LOT of people in the state that race on the street and don't have a clue about this new law!!!!! Scary stuff:eek:

Geez--i am not trying to be an a##:rolleyes: --but if those two cars ran mid-to-high 13's w/ nittos--they need to learn how to drive.I went 13.49 w/ the lt-1 in my sig w/ ABSOLUTELY no mods-stock air filter on stock tires.Not trying to be an arse again---but if you have to feather enough to downshift during a race--i will race you in my daughter's vw beetle and scare you.Get those nitto's installed quick.

Geoff

LOL...the kids were 18 and had their F's only a couple of months. Usually I can mash it and it will hook till I get about 10#s of boost but last night it was cooooooold, so I spun right off the line. I still need a second GN rim to run the slicks on, so as soon as I get it, I'll run em again.

You need to level the playing field and get a stock f- body yourself to stomp'em back --> TTA time.

Originally posted by 86brick
Sorry my bad for not reading the whole thing, but I just wanted to make sure that you are in the know cause that law is pretty NASTY and there are a LOT of people in the state that race on the street and don't have a clue about this new law!!!!! Scary stuff:eek:
Well, regardless of their new law isn't drag racing a misdemeanor in most states anyway? It is here in Michigan and if you're written a misdemeanor ticket you're technically under arrest, which means your car can be impounded whether you're taken into custody fingerprinted and photographed or not. If you're not processed at the time of your "arrest" it'll get done if you're convicted via a court order during sentencing.

Originally posted by WakkoSS
Yeah, pump gas. You missed the point though. I had to leave the line and accelerate normally till about 40-45 mph....THEN I floored it, it downshifted, boosted and took off... Once I can put the power to the street, he's done for. I agree that the alcohol would make the car alot faster, I'd be able to catch up....but it's worthless if I can't put it to the pavement.

It's really hard to believe your traction is that bad???

I've raced modded F-Body's on street tires and left at 1-3 lbs, yes I spun a little and they jumped out a car length or 2 but it didn't last long by the time I hit second I'm passing!

The mods you listed your car should be at least mid 13's on the street even with street tires. Maybe you should give the pedal a little more a little earlier.
It sounds like they have you phy'ed out because there running DR's????

Of course I run low 13's in street trim 16lbs on street tires!
Mods: TA49, Big neck Stock IC, 36lb Inj, XP pump, Adj Reg, TH DP
Block and heads are bone stock.

Believe me, I expected more out of my car too. I didn't realize they had DR's until after the runnings. I've got Yokohama POS tires on my car, nearly brand new. When I had my 86 SS Monte (nobody ever said "Hey, nice GN") it came with the identical Yokohamas and THAT car couldnt hook either. Considering it had 180hp and 225 ft/lbs (but 3.73) it shows how sh!tty these tires are. During the daytime when the road is warmer and the air is warmer, she'll hook off the line. That night it was bout 50-55 degrees. It really did spin that badly. I'm hoping to get my 6th GN wheel today so I can mount my Nitto DRs on there and finally hook up. Airbags and a pinion snubber are in my mind too. I also just got Mark Martone's reg in the mail, as soon as I'm able I'll slap that on and hopefully get a little more hp.

Back