You can type here any text you want

Lost power after my intercooler hose blew off

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mytta49

I am new to the TTA world. I changed the three hoses that connect the intercooler with the up pipe, etc and used the 3 piece heavy duty set that Johns Performance sells.
Last night I accelerated on the highway and heard a loud Pop and then what looked like a quick puff of smoke under the hood. I was about 10 miles from home and limped home at around 35 mph and had no power when I tried to go faster. Got home and found that the hose from the intercooler to the up pipe blew off on one end.
I reinstalled, started it up and it idled fine, had more power but was still not right when I accelerated.
I disconnected the ECM plug and replugged it in and took it out. Seems to be ok, power is back, turbo kicks in.
Any ideas if I could have damaged anything ? Sorry for the long story.

Possible dirt?

Did you drive down a dirt road, or dirty? If you blew a hose off, the air your sucking in is unfiltered, might of got some dirt in your intake... Just a thought.

That happened to me alot earlier. Why it runs bad is that it gets a completely different amount of air than the computer reads through the MAF etc, so the mixture is WAY off.

If You keep popping it with new hoses and clamps, I´d say it´s time to get a BOV.

/Andreas, keeping my head down for the BOV statement ;)

Back