Lost to a 2002 mustang

blackmonte

New HP Technology !!!
Hanging my head low.I lost to a 2002 mustang last night sorry guys to let you all down. My car is almost stock, I did the spring cleaning first. New AC plugs,wires,ect.. I have a new walbro pump. hot wire kit,blue tops,K&N open filter,TT chip. scanmaster, turbo gauge,hooker exhaust,poston headers,coolant lines bypassed,RJC power plate,clean intercooler, heavyduty intercooler hoses, T clamps,no screen on intercooler,1 screen on MAF,. I do still have some exhaust leaks I am trying to fix but the seems to pull hard?On 15 psi O2s are 790 no knock on 93 pump wide open runs? Sucks I have the itch to go faster.:mad:

What a mustang?, just kidding gald you can admit something like that, and losing just goves you more of an excuse to mod right ;). see so its not too bad go mod then mustang hunting

Thanks,I am thinking race gas and 20 psi for now ,then alky and TT alky chip and some M/T DRs

15 psi might have been your downfall...Maybe a boost controller or adj. wastegate actuator is in order to get that number up to 20psi... :)

You will need to make a few test runs and log them to see if you will for sure. My car didn't mind 20psi on pump with the stock TT chip timing. Worst case you could pull a few degrees of timing out. Or if you do decide to run race gas, add a bunch of timing and you will feel an increase in power. Just watch them o2's and KR's...

.790 is a little rich for where you are. Id go down to .750 if you can keep it from getting any knock retard. Should pick up considerbly. If you go with the race gas then id go for .750 and 28/26 timing at 20 psi. You will pick up a lot and be ready to smash that Mustang for some $.

I am going to need race gas for 20psi right?
Yes. Unless you add an alky kit or 2 gallons of toluene to your tank with 10 gallons in it. Id look into the alky for a street car.

I agree with Bison, I love Razor's kit. Better to be safe then sorry. I just use my 93 street chip and bump the timing 3 degree's across the board. No probs for me at 21psi. I even pulled out about 6% fuel with the alky knob at 5. I usually see less than 1 degree of kr and never more than 2. But bumping the knob up to 6 cures that...just uses so much methanol though... :)

Wow a 2002 Mustang?

You can always go the Alky route. I'm running my brother's TT 110 chip with Razor's alky and 100 octane. No problems. I can even run it on 93 with alky and very little knock. Also, get some Mickey Thompson ET streets. Our cars love gettin out of the hole but you need the right rubber. You mentioned exhaust but are you still running with the stock DP?

I also raced him on a roll 35 mph , He jumped on me . I also had it in OD. Oh well . but since then I have added a adjustable waste gate cranked it in so I was at 20 psi , Car felt real strong. A member suggested I back it out a little so I am running 18 psi of boost (pump gas)still feels strong , I was out last night had two mustangs a 2006 and a 2004 . none of the two wanted any.I am getting a TE-44 ,bigger cooler, Alky, M/T DRs That should end my problems:biggrin: Any place in chicago have 100 octane?

Where's he at? I'll get em. ;)

Grab a Razor aly kit. The best investment you will ever make.
20psi all day long.

The Speeday at Harlem and I-80 hase 100oct

Mixed some race gas ,17psi 750 O2s third gear wide open , fixed my exhaust leak, I have no idea how but stock waste gate was only giving me 10psi ? I cut the stock waste gate arm started at 18psi backed it out some seems to pull hard now,So on my way home tonight a srt-4 comes rolling up to me I keep hearing his blow off valve I lay into it and I pull on him hard. maybe 4 cars ? Not sure what those cars run? Then I was on I55 and a Z4 bmw tried me also and pulled hard on him too? Not sure if I have this thing tuned right but seems to pull real nice with no knock. Thanks for the help . :biggrin:

Man... What's up with us guys?

All I've been hearing is about GN's losing left and right.

What's going on here people!?!?!?!

We've got to start putting these people in their places!

srt-4 low 14 sec car!

get an alky kit and it will be 8-10 lengths! best mod i ever did was 60lb inj., razor alky and turbotweak alky chip, alky shave about a full sec off 1/4 times with hardly any tuning! ... i guess my turbo was one too;)