You can type here any text you want

Lotek Pillar Pod

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jan Larsson

Got my 2 gauge pillar pod from Lotek, ordered the painted one. Finish is really good, grain a bit off but not a big deal.

Looked at it today and tried it on a OEM pillar I have as spare, how did you guys fit it to the OEM pillar? Just using the 2 screws supplied from Lotek wont make it look good as the fit is not 100%... it will need to be secured around the edges somehow or it will look like I just stuck another piece ontop of the OEM pillar, also I noticed it's a bit shorter at the bottom were it meets the dash pad .... and the fit at the top of the t-top is not perfect either ...

Any input from you guys that installed one would be useful.

Hi Jan,
Well, I haven't put one on the TTA, but have installled similar on my Regal.The fit sucks, and it is supposed to be taped in place,and the gauges are hard to fit,and I don't like running screws into my trim panels,AND...
Sorry, not much constructive help here, I'm afraid. I know you'll take care of that beauty, and find a way.
Dale

same problem here. I have not yet installed mine. I also did a test fit on a spare A pillar and found that it is short and the screw at the top near the t top does not line up.
I think the only way to install it, is to use the spare A pillar I have and drill the Lotek into it. I dont see any other way to make it look right.
Now I have to figure out how to get my A pillar off without breaking the two mounting places that are molded to the factory A pillar. After looking at the spare one I have, these two molded sections on the A pillar look weak and look like they could break easily.
Any suggestions as to the best way to remove the A pillar ?

I have a Lotek 3-pod A-pillar for one of my other cars (2000 Contour SVT) and it fits perfect...it dosen't go on top of the OEM a-pillar though it replaces it all together and pretty much looks like a factory install. Not a great pic but here it is...

picture.JPG

Anybody try the Autometer gauge pod #ATM-12203 ? I wounder if the fit is better then the Lotek ? Summit has them for $58.95 http://store.summitracing.com/defau...rch&DDS=1&N=115&target=egnsearch.asp&x=38&y=8

Back