You can type here any text you want

low 02's at idle and rough idle

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Still got your EGR on? test it at idle? stuck open at idle same as vac leak eh.

On my intake there was casting boss offset where my pcv grommet was, looked like the hole for pcv shoulda been drilled into the casting boss but wasnt , anyway i found leak there because the grommet wasnt flush, it was riding the boss..kinda like a wedgy

mike

egr disconnected

errrrrr

its the new PCV plug/unplug vac leak but with that 18 inches of vac thats what gets me, dont make sence

if your running 18 inches you dont have vac leak i dont care where you plug in at, i remember old guy used to plug gauge into the dipstick tube to check never done it though but anyway
running pig rich at idle would cause unburnt fuel to read lean from 02?

im gonna go post Q on asa, ive been on every search engine trying to help and im not getting anywhere either but i dont mind cause i know in 6 months i'll prolly have same prob..lol

errrrrr

its the new PCV plug/unplug vac leak but with that 18 inches of vac thats what gets me, dont make sence

if your running 18 inches you dont have vac leak i dont care where you plug in at, i remember old guy used to plug gauge into the dipstick tube to check never done it though but anyway
running pig rich at idle would cause unburnt fuel to read lean from 02?

im gonna go post Q on asa, ive been on every search engine trying to help and im not getting anywhere either but i dont mind cause i know in 6 months i'll prolly have same prob..lol

thanks

errrrrr
i remember old guy used to plug gauge into the dipstick tube to check never done it though

that gauge was probably a manometer to measure crankcase pressure and blowby!

u may be on to something with the PCV valve! is it AC delco valve? PCV hose kinked? have u ever replaced the hose hooked to the PCV valve? i worked with a guy who was chasing a problem on a trailblazer, drivability issue, for a while. he couldnt figure it out, so a few of us went to help, give some input and turns out somebody replaced the PCV hose with fuel line hose i believe. the vacuum from the engine sucked it shut and the engine ran crappy!

just a few things to check!

thats what it was...a manometer, couldnt for the life of me remember, kept thinkin ma-na-ma-na
and i was also just reading on the hose issue on another site

that gauge was probably a manometer to measure crankcase pressure and blowby!

u may be on to something with the PCV valve! is it AC delco valve? PCV hose kinked? have u ever replaced the hose hooked to the PCV valve? i worked with a guy who was chasing a problem on a trailblazer, drivability issue, for a while. he couldnt figure it out, so a few of us went to help, give some input and turns out somebody replaced the PCV hose with fuel line hose i believe. the vacuum from the engine sucked it shut and the engine ran crappy!

just a few things to check!
new hoses and ac delco valve:confused:

but everything is happy again when valve is unplugged?
plugged not unplug. i think that the motor is taking in less air and thats why the motor is no running lean at idle my blms are 127 just like when i put it in gear and the motor has a load on it running less vacuum and sucking in less air causing the o2's not to run lean

plugged not unplug. i think that the motor is taking in less air and thats why the motor is no running lean at idle my blms are 127 just like when i put it in gear and the motor has a load on it running less vacuum and sucking in less air causing the o2's not to run lean

sounds good to me!

What turned out too be the issue? I'm dealing with the same issue. All my numbers are in spec but low idle 02s

Back