You can type here any text you want

low 02's at idle and rough idle

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
18 inches and steady , cant ask for any better then that

when i was pulling my clips, the two i pulled there was no change in idle so i knew i had a couple of bad ones

when was last time you cleaned your IAC? throttle body? and maybe it needs a little less air, although its right in line as far as numbers go, in my buhog bible it says it can be anywhere from 10 to 30 somthing in park and all cars are diff.

i always see the magic number from 10 to 20 but one guy i talked to says his is set at 35 in park and i had a bitch of a time (as everyone prolly has) getting it set to where it liked to be which is 23 for my car and i was quick to notice when i bought new one that the pintle was over the inch and 8th adjustment so i had to adjust so it wouldnt jam up in seat.

So we know its a lean issue at idle, when you unplug air sensor id goes to enrich, when its in gear it idles fine and numbers go up...hmmm man got me run a couple gallons of toulene, maybe an injector or two got crud on em

i dont know, i hurt my knee at work and its midnight and i cant sleep and my brain is frying

18 inches and steady , cant ask for any better then that

when i was pulling my clips, the two i pulled there was no change in idle so i knew i had a couple of bad ones

when was last time you cleaned your IAC? throttle body? and maybe it needs a little less air, although its right in line as far as numbers go, in my buhog bible it says it can be anywhere from 10 to 30 somthing in park and all cars are diff.

i always see the magic number from 10 to 20 but one guy i talked to says his is set at 35 in park and i had a bitch of a time (as everyone prolly has) getting it set to where it liked to be which is 23 for my car and i was quick to notice when i bought new one that the pintle was over the inch and 8th adjustment so i had to adjust so it wouldnt jam up in seat.

So we know its a lean issue at idle, when you unplug air sensor id goes to enrich, when its in gear it idles fine and numbers go up...hmmm man got me run a couple gallons of toulene, maybe an injector or two got crud on em

i dont know, i hurt my knee at work and its midnight and i cant sleep and my brain is frying

when i unplug coolant sensor

im still trying to get my mind around the fact its different from park to drive! i assume it runs fine in any drive position, reverse, 1, 2, D, what about neutral is that the sameas Park?

the only thing that really links the trans and engine together in some way is the ECU that i can think of:confused:

im still trying to get my mind around the fact its different from park to drive! i assume it runs fine in any drive position, reverse, 1, 2, D, what about neutral is that the sameas Park?

the only thing that really links the trans and engine together in some way is the ECU that i can think of:confused:
neutral is the same as park. how do i check the ecm

do u remember doing anything to the car right before this problem came up? or when it started happening?

do u remember doing anything to the car right before this problem came up? or when it started happening?

thanks for staying on. this started in the summer at the nationals but was intermittent then gradually got worse. why am i not getting a code for o2 when i unplug it. when i pull cam sensor it idles worse

thanks for staying on. this started in the summer at the nationals but was intermittent then gradually got worse. why am i not getting a code for o2 when i unplug it. when i pull cam sensor it idles worse

i imagine it may not set a code because it is made to idle in open loop and one of the conditions needed to set a o2 sensor code is closed loop. unpluggin the cam sensor will put it in limp mode i believe so it should run worse.

i dont understand why the computer is not trying to fatten it up any, i think thats somethin maybe eric at turbotweak would be able to answer better than me but i'll keep up on it with ya!

Did you try reseated both chips in the computer and the two computer connectors. I'm grasping at straws here. :confused:

i wonder if its possible somehow that the sensor is sending the correct signal to the ECU, but for some reason in park and neutral the signal to the scanmaster is getting messed with in some way. is that possible anyone?(grasping more straws!)

maybe measure the voltage output of the sensor while running and still plugged in to verify that it is indeed sending the signal that the scanmaster is putting on its display.

Did you try reseated both chips in the computer and the two computer connectors. I'm grasping at straws here. :confused:

well i tried the chip thing again reseating and banged the ecu and now all is fine WTF:confused: :biggrin: :confused: :biggrin:

when my ecu went up in my car after a chip install, all i had to do was put alittle pressure on the door held on by the 2 bolts and the car ran like dog crap! its because my foam on the door was pushing too hard on the chip and turns out i must cracked the motherboard!

i dont think that was ur problem though, it almost sounds like u may have had dirty or corroded pins. if so u may want to take chip back out and take an eraser to each pin to clean them... but then again maybe dont touch it until it acts up again!!!:)

Are we talking about the IAT or coolant sensor?

well i tried the chip thing again reseating and banged the ecu and now all is fine WTF:confused: :biggrin: :confused: :biggrin:

We must have posted about the same time. Sounds like some funky connections, maybe in the main harness'. Or some slight surface corrosion on the chip connector/pins, or the ECM main pins.

We must have posted about the same time. Sounds like some funky connections, maybe in the main harness'. Or some slight surface corrosion on the chip connector/pins, or the ECM main pins.

well its back f$#@!!!! i think i have a vacuum leak even though i have 18 inches because when i plug my pcv it smooths out and the 02's lock. when i hook it back up it is still in open loop but the 02's drop

Still got your EGR on? test it at idle? stuck open at idle same as vac leak eh.

On my intake there was casting boss offset where my pcv grommet was, looked like the hole for pcv shoulda been drilled into the casting boss but wasnt , anyway i found leak there because the grommet wasnt flush, it was riding the boss..kinda like a wedgy

mike

Back