Low BLM at idle but really lean AFRs

There is no way to turn on open loop idle on with a tt chip. It is activated after the car is initially warmed and driven.

From 6.1 chip manual.

This chip utilizes an open loop idle mode for smoothness. The first time the car is run after the ECM is reset, open loop idle mode will not be enabled. This is to allow the BLM’s to learn quicker. Once the car is warmed up and driven around, the next time the car is started, open loop idle will be enabled for a smoother idle. The A/F ratio will typically be in the 12.5-13.5 range at idle

So this is where your BLM got set. Seems like he added fuel to the chip and the initial idle learning cycle pulled fuel to set it back to 14.7:1. Why did you dump your Gen II translator for a gen 1? If you go back to that, you can let it learn, go OL, then fatten it up from there.

I dumped the gen 2 because I don't think my car liked it. I had all sorts of problems with it. It may have been just me but it really complicated shit bad. This new basic setup seems to be the way to go honestly. And as of now since I'm not on alky, I'm running Eric's basic street chip and I'm positive I can control open loop and closed loop idle. You had to hit something then shut the car off if I remember correctly. Can't find where I read that though. I remember doing it once and the car idled worse, which is congruent to what you guys said in past posts, ie the default setting runs richer. Which I find to be true, though that was last season. Don't think anything changed since then.

I will take a log of driving around and post up.

Last edited:
The turbo tweet chip starts the car in CL to learn quicker. Drive it a bit and shut her off. Once the car is turned of and turned back on then it will start reading in open loop. If I'm not mistaken you will see the dot blinking on your SM when it's in open loop. Not blinking when in CL this while your reading your O2's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will take a log of driving around and post up.
If you follow my instructions in post 19,you'll be able to compare A/F and BLM between CL and OL. It will show you if the program is truly changing idle A/F ratio. What ever the numbers are after a good drive (after re setting the computer) ,they should change if OL idle is truly being commanded. Again,check in park and in gear.