You can type here any text you want

low oil pressure!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
well i would start checking how the oil looks and cut open the filter it won't hurt to check the bearings just because the motor has been rebuilt don't mean anything.

X2 cut open your old filter and look for debris in the pleats of the element and also look in the bottom of the filter can for sparklies or worse... some sparklies are normal for a brand spanking new engine but after a few oil changes you should not see much.
You can cut the filter open with a utility knife and a good pair of heavy gloves or mechanics gloves to protect your hands in case you slip. it's OK to let it drain first you won't loose any of the trapped nasties inside.

Oil Filter

X2 cut open your old filter and look for debris in the pleats of the element and also look in the bottom of the filter can for sparklies or worse... some sparklies are normal for a brand spanking new engine but after a few oil changes you should not see much.
You can cut the filter open with a utility knife and a good pair of heavy gloves or mechanics gloves to protect your hands in case you slip. it's OK to let it drain first you won't loose any of the trapped nasties inside.

Its funny because a friend cut my oil filter open it looked ok but every time ill change my oil it didn't look health well what really did it was the oil pressure drop below 10 so we decided to look in deeper turned out the center rods where out of shape damage a main bearing etc the bad part is i had just bought the car has a turn key car i guess you live and learn.

Got lucky. I think it was xfi reading the oem sensor wrong. Put the xfi logging kit on and oil pressure is reading perfect now

Lol I thought I was replying to a pm when I posted on this thread. I don’t usually use my cell phone when I post on tb. Whoops.

Back