You can type here any text you want

Low pressure?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BuickMike

Money pit
So today I took the GN out and I noticed that it appears the alky pressure is low. The led didn't turn green until 5 psi higher than it normally does and won't turn green when I hit the test button. I'll check for anything in the check valve and will check the voltage when I hit the test button, but what else could it be? I just had the pump rebuilt by Julio less than a year ago.

Get Julio's test kit. Could a leaking line or a dirty filter.

A dirty filter would not cause a pressure loss. I'll check for a leak and verify voltage at the pump.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

So I went out to the garage to check it out. Initial voltage is fine to the pump. I tried it again and it hits pressure instantly. Looks like this is just a case if it being too damn hot. Did I mention I live in Phoenix? I think it vapor locked. All my lines are clear of all heat sources, so I think I will just leave the car alone until it cools off a bit around here. :)

Not sure what is up with it. It works perfectly now, but would not give full pressure when I was driving around for awhile in 100+ degree weather.

If the alcohol in the tank is boiling, it will aerate and the pump cannot pump it. Simple test is add water to the meth to raise it boiling point. Or insulate the tank to keep the liquid temp down.
If you had a thermometer you could point at the liquid and get a reading.. number higher than 150 for temp, you can have drama.

Thanks Julio! I do have a thermometer. I'll go cruise it around a little this weekend and see what the temp of the tank is. If it is up there, then it will be obvious that a couple wot romps will send it over that point. If that is the case, then I can just turn down the boost 3 or 4 psi and go 50/50 water - meth for the summer.

Just adding 10% water improves it and won't mess with your tuneup too much.
Also helps if you help ventilate under the hood.. like the old trick of removing the rubber seal from the cowl to let air escape. Another thing is to add a high pressure check valve to the nozzle.. like a 10 psi one.. that will raise the boiling temp as well.. at least on the pressure side. We carry them, but they're pricey at 26 each.

Interesting you mention the rubber cowl seal. My car never had one until about a year ago. It got rid of underwood smells getting into the cabin when I use the vent or the heater, but my motor did start running 10-15 degrees hotter out of the blue and I never put 2 and 2 together. Too bad I didn't do gnx vents when I had the car repainted. I'll remove the seal and see what happens. Thanks!

Back