Low Z vs. High Z injectors?

Snorman

Boosted.
With the new 57# high-impedence injectors out, is there any benefit to the low-impedence variety?
Obviously, the "high-Z's" don't require a modded injector driver so I can run the stock ECM, but I have heard that the spray patterns with the low-Z's make them easier to tune and give better manners.
True?
Sean.

I have heard the same thing. Drawing from peoples' comments when comparing MSD 50s .vs. Siemens 72 or 83s (in V8s), they've all said the car behaved better w/ the larger, low Z, injectors as oppossed to the 50s.

HTH,

Steve.

Think about it. I venture to say that a multi-billion dollar, multi-national company with a sterling reputation and virtually limitless engineering resources may know more about how to make top notch injectors and the performance of said injectors than the mensas spreading those rumors...

:rolleyes:

MSD 50's used to be the cut off point between high Z, and going to a low Z injector. Now they have a 57# injector.
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=101611

The reaction time of the injector and driver (saturated vs peak and hold) is where the confusion comes from. Saturated 2.0 ms, P&H 1.5 ms. When stepping up to larger injectors, low pulse widths (2.0 and less) is often commanded at idle, and the reaction times of the P&H made things easier to control.
The actual design of the 57 (See link above) make them a bit quicker and easier to control.

Paul