You can type here any text you want

lower control arm install

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

JimG

Hi,
I am about to replace my factory LCA's with a set of boxed UMI's and had a look to see what is needed to be done.
I noticed the bolt that secured the arm to the frame at the front of the control arm goes through into the frame. Even with the access hole in the frame adjacent, it looks kinda tough to get a wrench on to the head of the bolt.
Do these bolts need to be entirely removed, or does the LCA just slide off of it once all the other fasteners are removed?
I am sure this procedure has been performed by numerous members, so can someone quickly fire me off a couple of tips, please?
Thanks
Jim

Assuming you're talking about the rear LCA, all you need is a socket and an extension to get at bolt head in the frame. Took me about 15 minutes a side. To put the bolt back in, jam the bolt into the socket with some paper in between then use the extension to insert the bolt. I think they torque to 75 #'s.

Assuming you're talking about the rear LCA, all you need is a socket and an extension to get at bolt head in the frame. Took me about 15 minutes a side. To put the bolt back in, jam the bolt into the socket with some paper in between then use the extension to insert the bolt. I think they torque to 75 #'s.

Same exact trick I used when I changed mine. Fairly easy job.

just make sure you dont torque it until they are under load or you may get bushing bind.... set it back on the ground first the torque to spec... BUT yes LCA are a pretty easy swap and IMO help out tremendously... between my LCA and HR bar the car doesnt hop at all.
Also i felt it was better to remove and replace all the hardware with new and probably stronger hardware as an added precaution. [plus they are shiny ;)]

Back