You can type here any text you want

lower control arm relocation brackets?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BOOSTEDGNs

anyone use these on the gn/gbody
what were the results were they good.bad please share your thoughts....
bought a set of arms and want to do it one time if they produce noticable results.....

Alan

I'm wondering the same thing........I have the Metco billet LCA's with relocation brackets. From what I was told by Rick at RK PErformance, the relocation brackets are for more of a drag setup, while mounting the arms without the brackets is more of a street setup. But, would be nice to hear from someone who has real world experience with them......going to be installing them very soon.

Slo86GN said:
I'm wondering the same thing........I have the Metco billet LCA's with relocation brackets. From what I was told by Rick at RK PErformance, the relocation brackets are for more of a drag setup, while mounting the arms without the brackets is more of a street setup. But, would be nice to hear from someone who has real world experience with them......going to be installing them very soon.

I'm in the same boat as you... Just got the Metco LCAs with the relocation brackets from Jack.... I had heard the same thing although my brother had the BMR relocation brackets on his car with their LCA's and it seemed to be okay for the street..... Personally though I think you probably wouldn't see a major benefit unless you have a fast car that you are launching with a lotta boost (15-20lbs) and since my car will be slow (high 11's at the fastest) I will probably just have them installed in the stock location/length.. Would still like to hear some feedback though..

See, that's my problem.....with the combo I'm putting together, it might not be beyond the realm of possibility that the car will run some 10's when done. That's why I'm so curious about the brackets. The car is mainly going to be a weekend driver and see occasional track time...say 70/30 split between street/track. Eventually the car will get a transbrake as well, so there are some hard launches in it's future. Just gotta figure out which will be the better of the two....brackets or no brackets.

metco brackets

I had a problem with those relocation brackets. its difficult to get the adjustment right. you must measure wheel base too get them aligned just right. or your rear will be crooked. also had to shorten drive shaft, they brought the rear too far forward. Found this out after i tore up the transmision. If i had to do it again i would do without the relo brackets. becareful.

gnmaster2004 said:
I had a problem with those relocation brackets. its difficult to get the adjustment right. you must measure wheel base too get them aligned just right. or your rear will be crooked. also had to shorten drive shaft, they brought the rear too far forward. Found this out after i tore up the transmision. If i had to do it again i would do without the relo brackets. becareful.

Thanks for your feedback, all the more reason for me to just put them in the stock location w/out the brackets.....

Back