Lower control arm removal..tips/tricks??

postal

Peoples champ runner up
Trying to put a ford 9" into my TTA and cant get the lower control arms out. I want to take the stock lowers out with the stock rear because Iam also upgrading to aftermarket control arms. Any one know how to get the bolts out?? The nuts seam to be seized up on the bolts.

TIA: Jason

Hey Jason, I have a 9" too and I have no problem getting it in. You don't have to take the lower control arms out, just gently spread them and slide the 9" in. You may have to use some kind of lube. For the best result, try pinning the lower control arms to the upper control arms by holding them with your hands while sliding the big 9". As far as the seized nuts, I can't help you there, once they are done, They are DONE. you know what I mean.:D

I am sorry dude I wanted Surej or Roger to jump in but i couldn't wait. You left the door wide open! :D

Dude! your like four foot tall if your standing on a bar stool! If you got a 9 incher then Iam crusty the clown. Tell Surej he better get that **** together because the bald man's going to be ready to go racing soon.

Thanks for the good tip though, but I got to get going now. Think tomorrow Iam going to reply to some rocket scientist post about liquid intercoolers. He brang some data with him for the second round but seams the bone head doesnt know how to read one.

Talk to you later buddy: Jason

Ahem... ATTENTION DOUCHEBAG !!!

Did I not talk to you about this very frickin' subject recently?

I ended up using a sawzall. Worked just fine, just be sure to bias the bushing side so you don't end up shaving the frame brackets. It is a miserable job but the only way I could get them out. I tried a torch and ended up spinning the sleeve inside the rubber cause I got it too hot. The impact didn't touch them and the air hammer did no good.

If you need a real man to take them out, call me direct. I will use my majestic hammer to pound them out, and I'm not talking about a hardware style hammer if you know what I mean. Speaking of the "hammer", tell your wife Hi for me.

Signed,

Stink stankety fruit saladishish slab of manhood.