Lower Control Arms???....Which Ones?

TurboChris87

NCSU Go Pack!
Wanting to upgrade the factory rear suspension, thought I'd start with the lower control arms. Anyone have any suggestions, Metco, HRParts, Others??? What do you think?

Drive it a lot? Picky about how it rides, or just want 60'? Drivin in the twisties?

I like either stock boxed or the HRPnS

Shawn

Worried mostley about 60 foot...not too worried how it drives..not worried about the twisties either!

I have a set of HRPartsNStuff upper & lower control arms on my TR & am VERY happy with them! Build quality is excellent & they are priced very fairly IMO considering how they compare to the other pieces out there. My T launches nice & flat and will pull the front wheels ~1" off of an 8lb launch running m/t sportsman pro's on the local test & tune backroad. :)

Pre-install the car had stock control arms with a set of Eastern perf. no hop plates / upper control arm relocators. Launching at 10lbs of boost at the track it would come out of the hole VERY crooked (gimped up) and would only go mid 1.6's

Doug C.

I installed Hotchkiss lowers on mine. They're reasonably priced and work well. A few club members run the Metcos, and swear by 'em. After looking at HRpartsNstuff's stuff, I'll be ordering their uppers when the wallet allows. If their lowers are anything like the uppers appear to be, they would be a fine choice too imo.
Jim

Ours are similar to the Hotchkis arms, a little better IMO :) , and we include all new mounting hardware and a one year warranty instead of their 90 day warranty. Oh yeah, they are about $40 less than Hotchkis arms too :D

Just trying to help my fellow Buick guys out.

Check out our 1/4" longer ones (part#0201) also, they might be a little better for you, depending on your E.T. If you are in the 11's or faster, they will probably help.

Originally posted by HRpartsNstuff
Ours are similar to the Hotchkis arms, a little better IMO :) , and we include all new mounting hardware and a one year warranty instead of their 90 day warranty. Oh yeah, they are about $40 less than Hotchkis arms too :D

Just trying to help my fellow Buick guys out.

Check out our 1/4" longer ones (part#0201) also, they might be a little better for you, depending on your E.T. If you are in the 11's or faster, they will probably help.

I ran 11.76 with my old combo.....would the 1/4" longer LCAs benefit me even if i dont go faster???