You can type here any text you want

Lower Control Arms

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbodave231

Here are a couple pictures of my new chromoly lower control arms. This ought to firm things up a bit:wink:

Attachments

• IMG_0148.JPG
    IMG_0148.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_0149.JPG
    IMG_0149.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_0150.JPG
    IMG_0150.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 259
Nice lookin, just keep an eye on the frame mounting points from time to time and inspect them. I've seen these areas start cracking around the bolt since this will make a pretty solid connection to the car with no rubber to help take up jarring and stress related to driving

What Make? I made them myself!!

I plan on making some serious modifications to the frame attachment points. I will fab some lower front brackets to allow multiple attachment points to change instant center.

The Moser 9" housing has plenty of material to allow a couple additional rear mounting points too.

Nice craftsmanship, although

I would just be a little concerned with the rear end walking around. Notice on the old arms, there is a big flat washer by each hole on both sides. That design keeps the rearend from walking right to left on the ends. The hing point only allows for up and down travel. With the rod end bearings on your new design, I think it will move around. :eek:

Actually, the lower control arms don't absorb the side thrust on this type of rear suspension. The upper control arms keep the housing located in the chassis with the opposite angles.

In a true 4 link where the upper and lower bars are parallel to each other, a panhard rod or diagonal link is needed to keep the axle housing located properly.

Back