You can type here any text you want

Lower front 1"

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
17x8 up front with 245/45s and 17x9.5 in the rear with 315/35/17s

That's a pretty meaty tire in the rear. I was thinking about running a 295, but I thought it would've rubbed either the fender lip or the frame so I decided to go the safe route with a 275. When it's time for new tires, I'll consider going to a wider tire.

nero, 4.5 may stick out a bit too much and be prone to hitting the fender lip. I have a friend that had 5" BS on a 17x10 with no problems (less rub than myself) but on a 9.5 it my put the wheel into the frame, as all i can fit between my frame and tire is about a pinky or so. You can get them custom 4.75" BS (more money) or run longer studs and a spacer, or possibly an adapter. I run a rather large adapter in the rear because i got the wheels used from an S10 owner.

Psycho, the 315/35 nittos are a very narrow 315. I remember seeing my 315s sitting unmounted next to a set of 275/45/17 MT radials unmounted and the MTs were about as wide or maybe a tad more. I wouldnt think any other 315 would be safe on a 9.5" wheel. 295 street tires would be about the limit imo.

nero, 4.5 may stick out a bit too much and be prone to hitting the fender lip. I have a friend that had 5" BS on a 17x10 with no problems (less rub than myself) but on a 9.5 it my put the wheel into the frame, as all i can fit between my frame and tire is about a pinky or so. You can get them custom 4.75" BS (more money) or run longer studs and a spacer, or possibly an adapter. I run a rather large adapter in the rear because i got the wheels used from an S10 owner.

Thanks for the info!!!!! I guess I'll be going with the Boyds in that thread of mine, not too keen on the special order thing that would be necessary for the gray TTIIs... I'll have to see more pix of black regals with chrome/polished wheels to be 100% on the Boyds.

Thanks again :D

Thanks for the info!!!!! I guess I'll be going with the Boyds in that thread of mine, not too keen on the special order thing that would be necessary for the gray TTIIs... I'll have to see more pix of black regals with chrome/polished wheels to be 100% on the Boyds.

Thanks again :D

well the boyds will look good... i know TTIIs can be overplayed but a gray TTII would look incredible. I don't want to be a thread whore but heres a couple of better pics of the car from earlier today. It has polished wheels that need to be polished lol (plus the camera phone makes them look worse) :D
Picture355.jpg

Picture353.jpg

Picture357.jpg

Great looking car! Hopefully mine will look that good when I put my wheels on this weekend. Does your car hook with those tires, or do they still break loose when you're WOT? (wide open throttle)

Great looking car! Hopefully mine will look that good when I put my wheels on this weekend. Does your car hook with those tires, or do they still break loose when you're WOT? (wide open throttle)

they still break loose unless its from a 3rd gear punch. But they are a ton better than any street tire. I did manage a 1.66 on them a while ago. Most 60s were in the mid to high 1.7s

well the boyds will look good... i know TTIIs can be overplayed but a gray TTII would look incredible. I don't want to be a thread whore but heres a couple of better pics of the car from earlier today. It has polished wheels that need to be polished lol (plus the camera phone makes them look worse) :D

Thanks JDS, the original poster doesn't seem to mind our hijacking his thread. Thanks for the pics, it's usually the better decision that takes a little more effort in completing... I'll keep searching for the gray TT... I've yet to see them on 17s on a GNx clone car, that makes it even more sexy!:D

Back