You can type here any text you want

Lowered Rear End Guys...... PLease step in.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jdpolzin

OK guys, I have installed a set of MOOG 5413 springs in the rear of my NA Regal. Ground to top of wheel well opening is 26" just so you guys know. The measurement of my stock low mile T Type is 27.75". Now the NA Regal has tires that are total diameter .48" smaller than the T Type. So when considering a drop difference, you only consider 1/2 the difference. So, the Moog springs dropped me 1.49"!!!!!!!!!!!! This is exactly where I want it to be.

Anyways, I need some help from you guys. I bought a set of 15x8 ProStars with a 4.5" backspace. What tires do you guys who already have lowering springs in the rear run? I would like to fit a 275/60R15 back there but I'm not real sure it's going to work.

Thanks guys!
Jeremy

My car is lowered about the same (cut stock springs). I can fit 275/60's on my 15x10 rims with 5" bs with absolutely no problems. My frame is not notched but is "massaged" in high spots. Without this they would rub on the frame slightly. But since you ahve 4.5" bs, you will be fine, especially since it is only an 8" rim.

I can fit 275/60's on my 15x10 rims with 5" bs with absolutely no problems. My frame is not notched but is "massaged" in high spots. Without this they would rub on the frame slightly. .

This worked for me also...:D

OK guys, I have installed a set of MOOG 5413 springs in the rear of my NA Regal. Ground to top of wheel well opening is 26" just so you guys know. The measurement of my stock low mile T Type is 27.75". Now the NA Regal has tires that are total diameter .48" smaller than the T Type. So when considering a drop difference, you only consider 1/2 the difference. So, the Moog springs dropped me 1.49"!!!!!!!!!!!! This is exactly where I want it to be.

Anyways, I need some help from you guys. I bought a set of 15x8 ProStars with a 4.5" backspace. What tires do you guys who already have lowering springs in the rear run? I would like to fit a 275/60R15 back there but I'm not real sure it's going to work.

Thanks guys!
Jeremy

Jeremy, as you know I have the 5413's in the back of my car also. One of my sets of wheels is also a 15x8 Weld Draglite with 4.5" backspace. I run 3"x1/2" screw in studs so I can safely run a 5/16" spacer in addition to aluminum drums which are about an 1/8" thicker than steel drums. With this set up I am able to push the wheels out right where I want them and it essentially gives my wheels a 4 1/16" backspace. Now on to the tire question....I originally installed MT DR 275/60/15. With my set up the combo fit perfectly in an untouched wheelwell. With steel drums, 4.5" backspace and no spacer the tires were on the frame in my car. Now even though the 275/60 fit just fine, I didn't like the look since the car was lowered - it just looked too tall stuffed in the wheelwell so.....I traded in the 275/60's for 255/60 MT DR. You can get away with installing those without a spacer, but I keep a 5/16" spacer and aluminum drums on anyway just so the wheels aren't so tucked. This also works perfectly to untuck the GTA fronts and MT DR 255/50/16's in the rear as I run a set of those on my car as well. If I were drag racing I would have just kept the 275/60's as they did fit well, but looked a little funny IMO.

Appreciate the info guys! The rims I bought have an old set of 275/60R15's on the rear wheels so I would like to see how it fits but I'm thinkning it's going to look a little stuffed too! Luckily my good buddy OnefastGN is hooking me up a free set of 265/50's so they may be a little nicer! These are going on my budget Twin Turbo V8 GN clone!!! I got the set of ProStars 15x4 fronts with 165R15's in good shape and 15x8 with the crappy 275/60's for $250. I needed to buy center caps and lug nuts which was $100, but i asked for them for my birthday! Now i got the other tires which are very old but never used for free! Project is starting off well! I installed my spare stock GN swaybars so that was a free upgrade. then I had to buya set of 5413 springs which were $85 but at least I can use them on the GN if I want! ------Jeremy

Back