You can type here any text you want

Lowering coils??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BetMinesFaster

Turbo LSX Trader
Hey guys, just doing some math and working on my setup a bit, I have seen quite a few people using the s-truck drop spindles in the front of our cars...my question is how are they loweing the back? I have only seen springs for the rear in .8-1.0 drop??? Just curious, new frame is going to start coming together and I love that sinister and evil lowered look on the Gn's. Any info would be great! Thanks, Ryan

I'm going to use 4th gen f-body springs in the rear.

WS.6 and SS springs are 2" lower than standard Z28/TA springs. These are what I'm using.

I'm not sure if regular Z28/TA springs will lower a g-body....

Hmmm, I never thought of f-body springs, Do people actually use them? Curious of the spring rate and such, Im curious of the weight of the rear of an f-body versus a g-body.....?

I've got 3rd-4th gen springs on the back of my GN. The beauty of those springs is that they can be cut to achieve the desired ride height. They are straight at the top and pigtailed on the bottom. Use a 1LE or WS6 spring if you want a high rate. Use the standard V-6 spring if you want a firm rate.

Here's a pic showing the F body spring on the left. The bottom pigtail is the same as G body springs and the top is open so you can cut them to desired height. Like 1Badelky says you need the top isolators for the coil to fit into. The drawback to these are you cannot run air bags. If you don't drag race then it wouldn't matter.

Attachments

• springs 001.jpg
    springs 001.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 156
Back