You can type here any text you want

lowering shocks, and poly bushing questions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1Badelky

I'm installing ZQ8 springs from an S10 4.3. they drop the S10 1.5", so I think it should drop my car 1.5-2" what do yall think?

I have an aluminum headed/intake 350, so weight should be close to the 4.3

I need to select my shocks for this setup. what is a good set of shocks that will work with a 2" drop? will s10 lowering shocks work?

Next question.

I'm using Energy suspension poly bushings up front, I will use the provided grease as much as I can, but if I run out, can I use petroleum jelly to grease the bolts, rather than the silicon stuff?

I guess I have to grease between the urethane bushing and outer/inner shell, despite the fact that they SHOULD never move independently of one another? I thought the only movement was the inner sleeve against the mounting bolt (cross shaft on upper A-arms) and of course where the urethan rubs against the frame.

I would sy the only thin you can do is try the springs and see where it gets you. As far as shocks, I just use Bilsteins with my lowered set up. The grease is up to your discretion, I wouldnt see wy petroleum jelly would hurt though. As long as it doesnt deteriorate teh polly.

thanks. did anyone have issues with the lower A-arm bushing sleeve being too loose on the 12mm bolt?

I threw away the stock sleeves, so I can't compare the ID, but I'm worried they may have sent the 1/2" S10 part. :/

thanks. did anyone have issues with the lower A-arm bushing sleeve being too loose on the 12mm bolt?

I threw away the stock sleeves, so I can't compare the ID, but I'm worried they may have sent the 1/2" S10 part. :/

UPDATE. everyone should know this:

I just got off the phone with Energy Suspension. It appears the lower A-arm kit that ES markets for 78-87 A/G bodies is wrong.

there are two of each bushing (long and short)

the long red urethane bushing is stamped 3217

the short one is stamped 3008A

78 was the only year A/G body to still use a 1/2" bolt. From 79 up, they all used a 12mm bolt.

the problem is, Energy suspension uses 1/2" and 11/16" ID sleeves for ALL 78-88 A/G bodies, therefore they are too big, and allow too much wiggle room for the 79-88 models.

I need to check and see if the issue can be resolved by using a stock sleeve in the ES bushing.

Back