You can type here any text you want

lowering spring & shock

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

viper04

I was looking to lower the GN and wanted to know what you guys are useing? Would like to try and keep some of the ride quality if I can. Thanks.

Check out this thread and send a pm to jdpolzin he will help you out.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/br...ls/244936-moog-5658-front-spring-results.html

Yep, that thread has some fantastic info in there. It also shows many different point of views. There are many different ways to go about lowering your car at many different price ranges. I just wanted to use less expensive parts to accomplish the same thing. The Moog set up is a very cost effective way to lower the car and gives great results in ride height and ride quality. I do like the Eibach kit but it is a pretty penny. The Hotchkis kit doesnt impress me at all do to a poor ride quality. I think the Moogs and a good set of Bilstein shocks is the way to go! That is just my opinion though!

I was looking to lower the GN and wanted to know what you guys are useing? Would like to try and keep some of the ride quality if I can. Thanks.

I have the Bilsteins and the Eibachs on mine. I like the way the car feels and looks, but the ride is definately a little harsher than before. Makes sense in that it is usually necessary for more aggressive handling. I don't find it intolerable. About two months after this photo was taken, I noticed the springs settled down a little more. Other than needing a wheel alignment it was a good mod in my opinion. If you get sick of it you can always go back or try something else. Eibach springs seem to resell easily. So far I have no plans to change them back.

Attachments

• DSC01099 (Large).jpg
    DSC01099 (Large).jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 287
Thanks for all the reply!!!,I was wondering where do you find the mood lowering spring? Thanks

My vote is for Eibachs and Bilsteins. That's what I have and I love them. I found that the ride quality improved. I initially had KYB shocks but they couldn't control the car with any kind of composure.

Moog 5658 fronts and Moog 5413 rears. Any parts store should be able to get them for you which will save you on shipping.

I use Eibachs and Competition Engineering adjustable shocks from Summit. Ride is great and handles good even with skinnys

Attachments

• S7303426.JPG
    S7303426.JPG
    106.3 KB · Views: 198
My vote is for Eibachs and Bilsteins. That's what I have and I love them. I found that the ride quality improved. I initially had KYB shocks but they couldn't control the car with any kind of composure.

x2.

Back