You can type here any text you want

LQ4 swap, rear suspension question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Zeth Hale

Dirt
I posted this on g body forum haven't had any luck with a reply.
My motor is lq4 6.0 with gen 4 internals. 225/230 600 lift 113lsa
317 heads home ported
Truck intake
120 lb injector on e85
S480 billet
Don't have it together but should be good for 700+ wheel with a 4l80e behind it.
4l80 will be built and be stalled at 3000

Now that that's out of the way, I still want the car to handle off drag strip I'd like to keep a triangulated 4 link or stock variation rather then doing a back half. So my question is is there a lot of g bodys running stock style rear suspension in say mid 9 sec range?

Yes. G Body rear suspension works well on and off the track. A good weld in rear sway bar is best, but a HR Parts bolt in does a nice job. Aftermarket control arms and weld in frame reinforced brackets help. I also add a cross bar between the spring perches. Boxing the frame rails helps. Narrowing the rear rails for tire clearance weakens things up a lot. Add adittional cross members to bring back some rigitity. Of course, a roll cage will be required, too. Talk with your local chassis builder, then talk to more.

I plan on doing all the cage work. I had talked to an old timer that has a cutlass and he had told me I need parallel 4 link and anything else won't get me there. So after searching and not much headway I decided to ask. I plan on doing frame off boxing and cut a recess in the frame for bigger meats. I just wanted to know if there were cars running low 9s on stock geometry figured I'd ask here because I know some of the 3.8 guess are pretty against v8 cars (for the record my car was a base model regal)

Mine......
rear frame tie bars 002.jpg
rear frame brace brkts 008.jpg
rear frame tie bars 001.jpg

Back