You can type here any text you want

Ls1 front banjo bolts?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Monte_ExpreSS

Hey all,
Gathering everything for the LS1 front brake swap & just need to know what size/thread banjo bolts I need? I don't have the calipers here yet, so I can't check. Any idea?
I'm going to get some of the Hyperfirm ones from Earls.

Also while on the subject, from my reseach I beleive when you do this swap you're to use the G body flex lines with the LS1 banjo bolt, correct?

TIA for any responses

Can't give you a positive answer on the banjo bolt thread dimensions. You might be able to get some at a parts store, if not a salvage yard or dealership should have some.
G-body braided lines with the LS1 banjo bolt is what I used. Word of advise is to get new crush washers when you install the banjo bolts, its a pretty good chance used ones will leak when re-installing. Some braided line kits have new crush washers, if not copper or aluminum crush washers from the parts store will work.
HTH

Thanks for replying. I was just trying to save some cash as the parts stores don't seem to carry the banjo bolts by themselves. You have to buy the whole flex line to get them.
None of the yards around here have anything that new in the line of F bodies either.
Thanks for at least verifying one of my questions about the G body flex line.
Finally, yes I do plan to install new crush washers.

Anyone else have a idea what the correct banjo fitting is?

they should just be the same fastener as pretty much everything else- maybe your local GM dealership parts department can get them for ya, or maybe the trusty Help! section at your favorite locally owned auto parts store.

Back